Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Non-sports dealers

Can anyone recommend a good dealer for raw non-sports cards? I am contemplating beginning a PSA graded non-sports set so that I can enjoy the registry while maintaining my preference for raw baseball card sets. I would like to buy some raw cards to learn the idiosyncracies of the particular issue and try submitting some on my own.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    SPACE - Try picking up a copy of The Wrapper, its all non sports, from the ads and articles. I'll try to locate a copy and let you know the editor/publishers Email, his name is Les and he's been cranking them out for 20 years...jay
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    SPACE - I just found a copy. Les has been publishing them since 1978, his phone # is (630) 443-9690, his Email is The Wrapper Email and their website is thewrappermagazine.com
    mention my name JAY WOLT that I recommended it to you and he may comp you a copy...jay
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Go to this website:

http://www.scottsdalecards.com/

This site is run by Brian Marcy who is a friend of mine. His dad is a big non sport guy. He grades a lot through PSA so I'm not sure how much good raw you'll find but he's got a pretty good inventory. He's a nice guy too.
  • spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Jay, thanks for that info. I shot him an e-mail for some more info.

Wabbitwax, I checked out the website and didn't see any raw cards offered. They do have a very nice selection of graded cards though for when I get more into it.

The sets I am considering are the '56 Topps US Presidents and the '62 Topps Civil War News. I think if I had to choose one, it'd be the 62 Topps just for the simple fact that I think the artwork is brilliant.

Thanks,

spacktrack
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    The sets I am considering are the '56 Topps US Presidents and the '62 Topps Civil War News. I think if I had to choose one, it'd be the 62 Topps just for the simple fact that I think the artwork is brilliant.

Two of my favorite sets! CWN is pretty affordable and available in PSA 7.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
    Agreed Mantlefan. I browsed through eBay and the Registry and also was taken by the 1965 Topps Battle cards. I went and watched the DVD presentation of the Superior set and love those cards too.

We'll see!
    OK, I will extend a query to board members . . . does anyone have raw cards from the 1962 Topps Civil War News set or the 1965 Topps Battle Set that would be worthy of PSA 7 or better?

Also, can anyone offer insight into the market for such cards in PSA 7 or better condition? I have checked SMR and the Pop Report, so I am looking more for predictions on how the non-sports cards will fair in the futre. What value might such cards retain should one choose to sell down the line?

Thanks
  • Bob Marcy's more direct link is Non-Sportscards . Bob is a great guy that I have known for several years. He has more non-sports cards than any other dealer that I know of. He has complete sets and unopened wax listed. He has N cards through the 80's. You can email him direct Bob Marcy He will fill want lists.
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Spacktrack,

You might want to check this guy out in September.

I was contemplating whether or not to post this, thinking I might be interested in changing it up and collecting a non-sport set and hoping to avoid the competition, but I've got too much on the table right now. So, good luck! image

JEB.
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is a non sport that I have my eyes on. It's a set from the 50's with lots of famous people on the cards. I am going to restrain myself from saying which set because the last thing I want is competition. image
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Also, can anyone offer insight into the market for such cards in PSA 7 or better condition? I have checked SMR and the Pop Report, so I am looking more for predictions on how the non-sports cards will fair in the futre. What value might such cards retain should one choose to sell down the line?

I recently had several sets of raw CWN graded. Got 1 "10", 50 "9"'s, 70 "8"'s and 60 "7"'s. The "7"s went for $10 each, the "8"'s brought $20-$30. I don't see the market for these cards growing much. Certainly, they'll never reach the demand levels of graded Mars Attacks cards ["7"'s go for $150-200, "8"'s bring $300-500].
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!