Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

SMR announcement for Kellogg's collectors...

Well...

It's been a long wait, but the SMR now lists ALL the Kellogg's years through 1980 !!!

A few years ago there were only a VERY small handful of Kellogg's collectors. With the bantering of GEMMINTMAN and ZARDOZ, collectors found out that there was a little fun in those K Kards. Then with collectors being able to complete the first year set (1970), more attention was given to other years.

I've always collected Kellogg's and will continue to collect as long as I'm around. It sure is nice, though, to get some recognition from the SMR.

I'll do my part in trying to make the Kellogg's section of the SMR, as realistic as possible.

Three cheers to the SMR for adding more Kellogg's years to the mix.....Now...What about the last 3 years...1981 - 1983???

Larry
I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!

Comments

• Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    King,

This is great news for you and your loyal peasants!

I expect more changes in the future with added pricing. Joe seems to have his ear to the crowd on this topic as of late.

Dave
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    It's just one more step towards our world domination.
  • Options
    Am I missing something? I have the August edition which has only 1970 and 1971 listed. Is the September edition now out?
  • Options
    That's it? I thought maybe the news was some young kids found the old printing plates and they've been printing all years, non-stop for the last couple weeks ruining the value of all Kellogs cards.
    And King Kellog would have to change his name to King Hostess.
    (The new frontier!)
    Just kidding Larry, I understand your happiness. Scott
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Machodoc...(pronounced MAAA CHO DUC I think...)

Steve...PSA was handing out the Sept. issue at the National. Pete Rose on the front cover...

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    interchanges...

There's value in Kellogg's cards ???????

BTW...There is a King Hostess...(2nd cousin...twice removed...ha...)

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    King:

First things first: that's pretty much how it's pronounced!

Also, thanks for the confirmation of the proper edition. I figured I was a month behind on the proper edition of SMR, but being a sucker for free stuff I don't know how I missed ANYTHING with Pete on the cover! As you know the Big Red Machine is my historical team of memory!

Just a suggestion - let's all plan a massive dinner in Cleveland next summer!

Steve

• Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Finally, the recognition that is so deserved.

We have been an oppressed minority for far too long. The marches, the sit ins, the acts of civil disobedience, have now had their effect.

Do we now demand reparations?
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    We should have some sort of online Kelloggs quiz to see if people can differentiate the years from sight without looking at the back stats.

Is there really a King Hostess around? I would be very curious to meet!

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Good thread to post this:

Sooooooooo...... how was the Kellogg's Krap Shoot guys? I haven't read a thing about it.
  • Options
    mikeschmidt...

Sure Marc....

King Hostess lives around the corner from my kingdom with his wife, Queen Cupcake....

Gee.....I thought everyone knew that........

The Kellogg's quiz sounds like a hoot!!! What might be a litte more of a challange is to cover the name (not the photo) and try to name the year, player, AND card #...(variations not included...) The top 1/2 dozen K Kollectors should be able to do that....maybe.????

All for the fun !

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Larry:

I nominate you to start the quiz -- with your massive inventory, I think that you can Stump (apologies to Dave J.) most people here.

As for King Hostess -- the question I have is what ever happened to Lord Drake? Was Drake's one of the members of the family who has since been outcast in some sort of sugary confectionary pastry scandal? Even Count Coca-Cola and Bartholomew Burger King III are both still invited to the reunions....

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Are we not including Sir Bazooka Joe?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Does this include football too?
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion