Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Note about Ebay Greattoning's Images

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello folks, many of you may remember I have been suspect of this sellers images in recent threads. Now I still don't know for sure on some, and may be suspect.... but I was looking through his current auctions and this Binion Morgan I believe I used to own not too long ago. I can say without a doubt it is a good representation of the coin in hand.

We usually can spot a coin we used to own, and this piece is without a doubt my former friend. I am mentioning this so you good people will know I Will give credit where credit is due, but I will also stick up for something I believe in. Would whoever usually notifies this person when a thread is mentioning him please do so, so he can read this. image Thanks!!! Text
Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Ouch, I think my heart just stopped. imageimage

TBT
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I can see why you sold that one. It's obviously AT'd. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    mbcoinmbcoin Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Hum,
    I remember this one Steve.
    Mike
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I can believe that binny looks like that. Cool coin.
    But I wouldn't use this thread to verify all of his coin pictures. He has toned down his pictures in the last several weeks of auctions so that average toned coins do not look like neon glow in the dark radioactive flourscent 333½ degree tilt monsters photographed in their "best light."
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Now getting back to myself...

<< <i>Ouch, I think my heart just stopped. >>

Hmmmm...This is all it takes? interesting.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having bought a few coins from greattoning I'll vouch that what I bid and won were dead on match to the images.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    He does get "cool" coins; what would we talk about if no one ever posted really neat photos???????image

Speaking of which, ANACONDA has not posted much recently?? GSAGUY posted one "mediocre" dollar and thought that was enough?? Hey, you guys with the great coins, post a few for us peasants to look at (and critique).image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    I want that lightning purple Jefferson nickel he sold awhile back. I could hit myself for not buying that thing when I saw it.
  • Options
    I dont see anything at all wrong with his images. They are close enough to the actual item to insure the item sticks and they are effective at maximizing the money paid for the material and that is what is supposed to happen if you are a seller. Unfortunately if you are a buyer, then you will pay top dollar for the item. If you plan on keeping the item this is certainly ok. However if you dont like the item after a short period of time and you decide to sell, then you had better be as good as this gentleman is at marketing or you will most likely be disappointed.
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178

<< <i>then you had better be as good as this gentleman is at marketing or you will most likely be disappointed. >>

One thing to always remember if this is the case is that he accepts consignments. I have used him to sell some items of mine and was happy with the price realized and his professionalism. Richard is a good honest guy that enjoys selling coins. He does not have to do it to feed his family but he does it because he LIKES to do it (just like me).
  • Options

<< <i>But I wouldn't use this thread to verify all of his coin pictures. He has toned down his pictures in the last several weeks of auctions so that average toned coins do not look like neon glow in the dark radioactive flourscent 333½ degree tilt monsters photographed in their "best light." >>

I'm gonna step in here and agree with this statement. Please people, I chose to start this thread ONLY to mention that while I have had question to his images many times and still do.... that when I seen a coin he had at auction that I used to own, it looked like the coin. So I wanted to give credit where credit was due. And to maybe show that I'm not always negative on Ebay sellers. Problem is I rarely find a reason to be positive.

My intention was not to turn this thread into a plug for the seller or for other sellers to put a self serving plug in as well. Funny thing is the seller was on the board earlier and knows about this thread and couldn't even say thanks.

BTW, TBT.... your heart should feel better now huh?
  • Options
    I must say....he sells some absolutely KILLER coins....and they are every bit as nice in person as his images. an A+ seller.

Kyle
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭

<< <i>

BTW, TBT.... your heart should feel better now huh? >>

Now thats the Stman I have come to know.

TBT
  • Options
    I need to make something clear in this thread that I regret doing. The seller Greattoning is NOT I repeat NOT selling this coin for me. I thought I made it clear it was a coin I used to own and seen he had it up for auction. But there seems to be some confusion with some people that I have this coin on consignment and it was a self serving post. I can't believe it was taken in such a way but I assure you there won't be any threads of this nature coming from me again.

I sold the coin quite some time ago.
  • Options
    TBT has a heart......when did this happen!....I thought he was a dealer!imageimage

Michael
  • Options
    MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    This is to confirm thaty I am not selling the coin for stman but for another consignor comletely whos name will remain confidential. I would however like to thank stman for starting this string because its wonderful advertising and furthermore would like to invite him or anyoneone else to consign color coins for me to sell. I love my work
    Thank you,
    Dick
    Greattoningimage
  • Options
    sorry for the terrible spelling!
    Dick
  • Options
    Dick

Got any toned Peace $ besides the one listed? Let me know!

Michael
  • Options
    I got this one from him not too long ago, and still can't figure out how he got this pic. 1881-S
  • Options
    Was it a good or bad picture? i can't remember the coin
    Dick
  • Options
    way better than I can get! I have got to get one of those domes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file