Home U.S. Coin Forum

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! Re:previous circ. Barber posts

Tomorrow I take my first trip to the local coin shop for the express purpose of making my first purchase that will eventually culminate into a nicely matched F/VF set of Barber coinage. Lord Marcovan was instrumental in convincing me that this undertaking was long overdue.

Since my MS Buffalo set requires me to tie up my funds for extended periods of time on each purchase, this ought to pass the time while waiting for nice examples to make themselves available.

Would anybody like to join me in some friendly competition? If anyone's interested we can post pics of our new purchases periodically (that's called "alliteration" boys and girls) and keep in touch as to our progress.

Let me know!image

Mojo
"I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
-Jim Morrison-
Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com

Comments

• mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    No takers, eh? Buncha chickens!

Mojo
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

• ARCOARCO Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on a challenging set. There are no takers, because there are no nice F/VF barbers available! image

Please let us know how the hunt goes.

Tyler
    I'll take that vote of confidence! Thank you!

Mojo
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

• mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    good luck, i've been working on a set for about 2 years and only have 4 coins in the set because you just can't find nice F-VF barbers. I like mine to look almost like a DCAM proof, dark fields with the design worn to a light silver color.
    That should be a beautiful set. I'm trying to find those fairly clean, even gray coins with the top and bottom of the wreath well outlined. I agree it's going to be a challenge. But lots of fun!

Mojo
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file