Home U.S. Coin Forum

Buy Now at Heritage auction???

Two of the coins I was bidding on have a "Buy Now" link on the "My Bids" page.

What's going on here? Did someone accidentally win these and Heritage is offering them
up at his winning price just to see if they can move them?

Anyone know?

-KHayse

Comments

• Not sure, but maybe they didn't meet thier reserve?

• jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    they go to the buy it now since they did not meet the reserve.

the AT Morgan I posted that was in the NGC slab yesterday did not meet it's reserve. image
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    Actually, I think what Heritage is doing in this regaurd is a great idea !!

It gives sellers one last chance to sell there coins without having to pay the 5 % minumum reserve fee and it gives buyers 1 last chance to rethink the most they would pay for the coin since you don't know if your last bid was good enough to meet the reserve untill it was to late to bid again.

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • These are the coins that did not meet reserve, and are offerd for sale at the
    reserve price for a few days to see if anyone will buy them
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    602 lots did not sell out of the 4067 auctioned so far (5001-9068) and there is still mondays coins to go.
  • What was the total lot number (10,000??) I think
    so if 1000 don't sell that's 10% (is that good or bad??)
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    For the entire sale it starts at lot 5001 and ends at lot 11000 so about 6000 total.

So far the not sold at auction rate is about 15% as a rough guess.
  • I think that it is a great system. I had a dime I was bidding on that didn't meet the reserve price,
    but the buy it now price was only $30 more than my original max bid + commission. My original
    bid was on the low side anyway since I was bargain shopping, so I clicked right up! image
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file