Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Quarterly submission question...

What's the free submission this quarter for Club Members?
Dan

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    1856 Flying Eagle Cent.

I don't think too many of us will be sending those in!image

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think too many of us will be sending those in!

I think that was the idea. They're so back-logged, they dont want any freebies right now. I'm at day 86 (or 87, I forget which) and waiting on an econo-submission right now.

David
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Look at the bright side. If you do have one to send in, by the time you get it back, it'll be a new quarter.... lol.

David
  • Options
    Don't feel bad I have a 15day submission that was received on 6-26
    and still nothing
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim,

Isn't there a 15 day GUARANTEED turnaround on regular submissions? Will PCGS compensate you somehow for being late, like, maybe some freebies?

I just sent in a regular submission, and an economy; both were received on 7/22. Guess I'd better plan on a long wait.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    1856 Flying Eagle Cent.

I don't think too many of us will be sending those in!

That's a serious understatement Tony! image

I can't believe they didn't make it "any" Flying Eagle. I suppose the coin for the 4th quarter will be your choice of; 1804 Dollar or 1913 Liberty Nickel. If I did have one already, it would almost certainly be slabbed.

I'm not trying to sound unappreciative. It's a nice perk to have one free grading per quarter. But... come on, an 1856 Flying Eagle. image
    Dan
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

That's a joke - I bet next quarter will be 1895 Morgan Proofs image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    As someone pointed out earlier. Maybe this will help turnaround times. They may get some, but everyone can't send one in!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    >>>Isn't there a 15 day GUARANTEED turnaround on regular submissions?

Yes, but the guarantee is invalid if a show falls at any time during that 15 days. 15 Days is 3 weeks, and PCGS does at least a show, sometimes 2, a month so it is near impossible to actually get the guarantee. I had a 15 day go 32 days recently, I suppose if they miss it why not miss it by a bunch.

• Options
    Close relayer, Its going to be 1895 Morgan business strikes !!image