Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage Auction Franklins

Was I imagining things?
While watching the auction, other coins were selling at incredible prices, but when it came to the Franklins, I can't believe how poorly they did in general.

Comments

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    I noticed the same thing last night when the internet portion closed. Some are getting decent prices, others... not . Maybe the floor bidders will come to the consigners' rescue.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Mike - I felt that there were just waaaaaaay too many key date Frankies up for auction at this time - unfortunately some dates got battered, but key dates did ok - we'll see what happens next!
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭
    There weren't any real spectacular Franklins in the sale. I looked at all the lots. The prettiest one, IMO, was the 48 in 66FBL. I haven't checked the prices yet. But I'm not surprised that they didn't fetch top numbers. I did see a nice 58 D in PCGS 67FBL at Angel Dees table
    at the Pre ANA show in New Carrollton, MD. Andy always has the best coins. If you are going to be at the ANA show, stop by Angel Dees
    table and gawk at the beautiful coins they have. mdwoods
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a franklin buyer, but watching the auction prices on this series was no comparison to the previous days series prices realized. Watching the lots come up, I really did not see that many Franklins that caught my attention.

• Options
    I had a few Franklins that did not do as well as expected, especially the high grade tougher FBL dates. Most performed about as well as I thought they would have. However I did have some really nice surpises, especially this one that went for many multiples above sheet, 1957-D MS66FBL

Other coins that did better than I had predicted;
    1960-D MS65FBL $1300
    1961-P MS65FBL $1700
    1962-P MS65FBL $1800

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file