Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stuff to NOT leave on your desk when the little ones use your computer

a VF IHC and a pencil with an eraser

From an excited 4 year old "dad, dad! did you know that erasers can make your penny real shiny???!!!!"

Comments

• Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ROTFLMAO!!!!image
  • Options
    Kids can be bad. Grandkids can be even worse. My one grandson burnt my house down last summer. He said, " I'm sorry Pap." You've still got to love them though. ....Ken
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My one grandson burnt my house down last summer. ....Ken >>

Holy crow! He really did burn it down?! image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    Holy crow! He really did burn it down?! ...He sure did...Ken
    ...image
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully all is better by now.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    I would be pretty mad if my grandkid did that. And I'm sure my kids would mad as hell at him. There goes a few very nice coins to fix it back up. image Sorry to hear about you little mishap.
  • Options
    Well guys, I guess it all depends on your outlook on life. The grandson was only 5 years old. Insurance money built me a brand new house and I didn't have to worry anymore about replacing the roof this spring. I guess we've all done some dumb things in our lives, and my grandson was no different. ....Ken
  • Options
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>a VF IHC and a pencil with an eraser

From an excited 4 year old "dad, dad! did you know that erasers can make your penny real shiny???!!!!" >>

Learning the art of coin doctoring at an early age.image
  • Options
    I'm not laughing anymore. I used to do that all the time!! image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

Not too overlook the destruction of your house, but since insurance covered you loss and nobody appears to have been hurt, I have to ask... did you manage to save your coins???
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    did you manage to save your coins??? ...Simply put...NO!!! Even though they were in the safe, the heat got to them. Safe was on main floor. I've since been told to put safe in basement. Heat rises, so the safe being in the basement, it won't take on heat like it would on the main floor....Ken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file