Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I did get this Mercury from the Stokley Collection to add to my set

I wanted to make sure I got at least one of their coins to add to my set since I am putting a set together of pedigreed, toned or blast white pop top no band coins.

Comments

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I won this one:

But I won't be sure until the coin is actually in hand!

What did the other Merc people win??????

Mark
    Mark

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I got this one also. Have to attach a photo as my Web Site took a dump today. image Another of those great changes that really suck. Lost all of my pictures from 2 years back.

Anyway the dime appears to be the kind of coin I like. image

Ken
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    Ken

I almost bid on that one too as it would fit into my set because it is pedigreed and toned.
  • remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    I won the Stokley 43-P 67FB and 45-S 67FB. I didn't even have a chance of getting anything I needed, so settled for a couple of nice upgrades. How did everyone else do?

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • I didnt get anything...but what I want to know...Who ended up withthe 30s65fb? Fessup....image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I won two MS66's 1925 and 25-D,I realy wanted the 21image...Hope you Merc guys got what you needed,Al
  • I managed to pick up the 26-d in 66fb and a couple of later dates
    Tim
    the 19-d in 64fb went for 6k!!!!!image
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of over 30 lots I was watching I luckily snatched two Merc's a 21-D in 66NB - my contacts liked it so lets see what I think when I get it.
    The second Merc was the Stokely's 28-S in 66FB.

I'm quite dissapointed as I had my heart set out on a number of others only to be wildy outbid. If fellow mercateers got them I would not be too distressed though. But I suspect some closet mercateers here.

Marc
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I just sat back in amazement. Most of the stuff was way out of my leauge.

JB, didn't you pick up a 1939-D 69FB, too!image

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc:
    I just checked and that is one butt ugly 28-S dime. It will do nothing but drag down your fine set. Out of common decency for the rest of your coins, send the 28-S to me. I will take it off your hands just because I am a truly fine person.

Ken:
    That 45-D just cries out because it is so butt ugly. Send it to me. Make sure to include enough postage.

Wayne:
    Both your coins are butt ugly, too. But I am a fine fellow, so don't worry: Just send them to me and I'll never tell anyone from where I got them.

Grip:
    Ditto.

TAP444 (Tim):
    That 26-D is buttumus maximus ugly. I presume the rest of the dimes you won are also butt ugly. I know that you want nothing to do with these coins, so just send them on to me, along with everyone else.

jbsteven:
    You can send me that butt ugly 35-P right now. If you wind up with your $14,000 eBay error, send it, too, because it's also butt ugly.

Mark

P.S.: Seriously, think about this Merc people: Out of the relatively small number of collectors on this board, we won at least 10 of Stokley dimes. I think that's pretty impressive. Plus all the coins that we think we won seem VERY nice, which is a tribute to both Stokley and us. Pretty nifty. image
    Mark

• Mark,
    I think I ended up with 3 of the Stokely dimes, but they are so ugly
    even you would not want them image so I guess I will just have to hide
    them at the bank for now
    Timimage
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    I wanted at least one Stokley dime but maybe I will have 2 image
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark,

I needed that right around nowimage

On a serious note - I really hate it too - as it is indeed butt ugly - so I guess I'll have to shield it from the elements here....of course I would have sent it to you gratis but its sooo ugly that I'm afraid the preservation will cause you permanent focal and vision damage not to mention pyscological issues that you'll need to deal with. Oh well, I guess I really do care.

Marc
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only upgrade I have is a 1939 MS66FB I got from VAM44 I will update my set today but it won't do too much in points. no moving here.image

good luck to all those that were sucessful winning bids.

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with some of you upgrading to 6's,I'll take your lowley 5's if anyone would like to partimageimage.Al