Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I need an ANA MEMBER who's going to Baltimore

I need to find an ANA MEMBER who is going to Baltimore wo can stop by the California Gold Marketing booth and pick up a copy of Bowers book A California Gold Rush History. QDB is supposed to be there autographing them and they are for sale at the show only for $99 (Regularly $199) and only to ANA members. If someone here can do that for me i can Paypal them the money to pay for it plus postage to send it to me. Sorry I didn't ask sooner but I just ran across the ad in the Coin World.

Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    LOL

funny but I tryed to get someone last night to no avail image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I am 90% sure I am going and could do this.

what if he is not there on Saturday when I am there??

Pontiac??
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Well they should still have the books and I am more interested in the book. (At $99 I want it, at $199 I pass.) The autograph would just be the icing on the cake. If you couldn't get the book then just send the money back.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    If goose3 can't do it, I will.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Great. Kranky, PM me your email address so I can paypal you the money for the book. (It may take a bit I need to make sure I have the money in the proper bank account and I can't get through with my online bank at the moment. I'll work on that while I wait for your PM. OK, that's done.) I'll only be around off and on for the next hour. After that I won't be back on til midnight but I will send the money as soon as I get the address.
  • Options
    I second to conders statement there...and Id also like to thank Kranky and Goose for offering...Im sure its not easy to enjoy yourself totally carrying around elses stuff. (although ive done it image

kranky I returned pm..let me know.

Bill

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    I'm sure Kranky wil be smart enough to have a friendly dealer close by that will allow him to stash the books behind his table while he walks the floor. After all that's a 1200 page book.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know if you guys can't make it - I'm there already. I think the USPS will be there so buy it and ship it - nothing to carry. Let me know.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    holy smokes...that big???

Kranky stop by USPS ill pay for the mailing of both..

Dont want ya going home hump back image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Man, 1200 pages - that's a whopper! John Burns would let me stash them at his table but I'd be concerned he might sell them before I get back. image I'll try to get them sent out right from the show via USPS.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file