Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fingerprint print or bad scan -- Updated!!!!!

Just won this one and was wondering if that is a fingerprint on Kenndys neck or am I just being paranoid. Hoping it's just a bad scan thats why I took a chance on it because I could not beat the price.

Kennedy

Thanks

UPDATE:::::

Recieved the coin today. Coin is a mid range 66 with a little haze on the neck. It looks much better then the scan. I am Happy to get this coin for the price I did and I highly recommend the seller. I paid on Friday and it was shipped on Sat, Did not expect to see it till I got home in two weeks but it was in my mail this morning. 48 hours from Seattle to Norfolk.
U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
">Kennedy Halves

Comments

• Options
    BustmanBustman Posts: 1,911
    It does not look like a finger print to me. Maybe a bit of toning or an area with slight haze, but not a finger print.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    hmmm i dont see any fingerprinting. what it looks like to me though is rub on the neck but it couldnt be
    could it
    i mean its a 66.
    can a coin with rub grade a 66?
    also it looks like to me from the pic the coin is maxxed out for the grade.
    looks 64-ish to me.
    maybe the strike is so good everything else is a non-issue?
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    According to the pictures there is some kind of problem there.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks more like a hazy type of toning than a fingerprint.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I'd say it's a milk spot. I've seen similar on MS66 JFKs that are clad. It looks weird when you look at it but it is obviously not wear when you see it. That's my guess anyway.
  • Options
    TTT with update.
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    It may have been submitted in a vinyl flip... often get some blue haze on the high points from that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file