Home U.S. Coin Forum

ANR's live computer bidding

shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
Best wishes to American Numismatic Rarities as their first auction begins this afternoon, and thanks for finding a way to allow those of us not in attendance to bid against the floor without paying Ebay an extra 5%. It may take a while to work out the bugs in their live online bidding but it's good to see an auction house put all its bidders on an equal playing field.

Comments

• I will be taking a late and long lunch break to watch the action!
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    kind of a bummer that you had to register the day before the auction to be able to bid.

ohh well
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Oh well I didn't really need to spend any money today anyway.
  • shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    After watching the first few lots the system seems to work well with a cable modem, though I won't know for sure until it reaches the lots I may have to bid on. My first suggestion would be having the lots advance without having to click "next lot" on the menu bar, which makes following the entire session a lot more work than the Ebay Live auctions.
  • Did anyone else just witness that killer Buffalo go for 31k? It was so fun to watch!
  • BustmanBustman Posts: 1,911
    I cant seem to get in the live auction. Is there a secret?
  • I am just watching, not bidding. I went to their homepage, went to "auctions," went to "browse lots," and have been following along by regreshing the pages until the lot is closed, then I go to the next lot. I am not a registered bidder (my pockets aren't deep enough right now!) so I am just viewing because I enjoy following the hobby.
  • yes, I'm watching it right now, and having to click on next, to advance, is a bummer
    just don't sneeze or lean on the keyboard at the wrong moment!!!!
  • MintstateMintstate Posts: 254 ✭✭

<< <i>Did anyone else just witness that killer Buffalo go for 31k? It was so fun to watch! >>

I sure did. That was my 1916 PR 68, from my now gone Registry set. My heart was pounding as I watched it run from $15,000 to $31,000 in about 30 seconds. image

Richard
    Congrats Richard. Even the image was mouth watering, wish I could have seen it in person.
  • MintstateMintstate Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Thanks Paul. I just wish I could have been there in person to see it live. Think think ANR did a great job, and it was a pleasure dealing with them.

Richard
  • You guys are killing me. I allready had in several bids on this auction and thanks to your link, now I have a few more! image

Sorry about that Louis! I wound up bidding on one more coin than I planned on as well. Guess I'll be doing more window shopping than buying on the floor next week.

They did a really nice job with the website presentation and online images, and it looks like the live bidding has gone smoothly so far. I was able to pick up a few IH varieties this afternoon (one of which I nabbed "live"), and an error/variety in the evening session.
  • Just watched a gold Stella go for $255,000.00. I really like the magnifier feature on the picture.

• Congrats on your Buffalo, Mintstate! Between your eye for quality and their cataloguing I am sure everyone is happy (except the under bidder!).

I can't wait to see what the SSCA Silver brings.
  • I should clarify... your eye for coins helped you make a nice purchase somewhere along the lines and their description helped bring a price that I think everyone should be proud of.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file