Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Which would you rather pay for.

What would you rather buy, a FEW nicely toned MS63's that have great eye appeal, or ONE very clean MS66. (Doesn't mattter the series, just as long as you can afford it). Other then Walkers, or Peace Dollars (which I enjoy more untoned), I think I enjoy looking at colorfull lower graded coins more especially since I can have more of them. Perhaps my opinion may be quite a bit differant though if I could afford to purchase more of the higher graded gems out there. But for right now I'm content on lower graded coins that look great to me, that I way I can buy more often.

Do you think it's better to save a little longer and buy that coin that is technically better, or continue buying more coins to add to the collection that are of a lower grade.

As it is I think I can have more fun with the Heritage Bullet Auction, Then perhaps only getting one or two from the Signiture auction.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Buy the best you can afford. To me it's quality over quantity.
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    I am more attracted to coins with eye appeal rather than the grade. I could easily live with a coin that has a few small insignificant blems and gorgeous toning rather than a perfect coin than has no character.
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    My preference is fewer, better coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file