Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hoorah for a regrade

I have quite a few morgans at PCGS right now. Most for crossovers, a few for reholders and one for a regrade. I said to myself that this one was better than MS-63. So, I went for it. I was right. I just got checked the web site. An 1887/6 MS-64. Hoorah!

Numonebuyer

Comments

• Options
    I must have posted this at the wrong time.

Numonebuyer
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Yeah! image
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I must have posted this at the wrong time. >>

Nah, just the wrong topic. It's too positive and is coin related. Just change the title to <insert person, place or thing> SUCKS! PCGS works particularly well as a target.

And, congratulations!

Russ, NCNE

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I must have posted this at the wrong time. >>

Nah, just the wrong topic. It's too positive and is coin related. Just change the title to <insert person, place or thing> SUCKS! PCGS works particularly well as a target.

And, congratulations!

Russ, NCNE >>

Ditto what Russ saidimage
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    ok russ, here ya go:

why didn't pcgs get it right in the 1st place? they are the best, aren't they?

happy now?

K S
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Karl,

Excellent. Now the thread will get 100 replies and be on the first page for days.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    glad i could help! image

K S
  • Options

<< <i>why didn't pcgs get it right in the 1st place? they are the best, aren't they? >>

The original PCGS slab was one of those real old (smaller) ones. I am no expert in the generations of PCGS holders, but the certification number WAS 7194923.

You have no idea how long I looked at that coin with the loupe and microscope and said to myself "this coin looks a lot better than an MS-63".

Numonebuyer
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    That sounds great.I have a couple of Lincoln Proofs I'd like to try,but with the latest outcomes I'm affraid to submit.I'm going to take them to the Baltimore Coin Show and show them to some of the other more experienced Lincoln men and get their opinions.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    No word yet on the crossovers. You can bet I will be posting the results as soon as I get them.

Numonebuyer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file