Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1977 Topps Star Wars cards

I am been looking for PSA quality Topps Star Wars cards, especially unopened wax and vending boxes from 1977 Series 1-4. I may be interested in MINT singles, sets, lots, stickers and C3PO errors. please let me know what you have available. I can be reached best at gregmo32@aol.com . Thanks, greg
I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Comments

• Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    try the BUY, SELL & TRADE board

or better yet, try HERE
    imageimage
  • Options
    mrc32mrc32 Posts: 604
    BKAH-
    You have knack for pointing out the obvious!

Michael
  • Options
    buy sell trade is useless unless youre looking for that latest double platinum foiled gold game used refractor.

try the Vintage board, youll have better luck there.
  • Options

<< <i>BKAH-
    You have knack for pointing out the obvious! >>

I was trying to point out
    that this is not the place to post this stuff,
    but was trying to be nice.

imageimage
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    PSA Set Registry Forum
    For discussions about PSA registry sets - building them, buying them, selling them, collecting them.

If you ask for graded PSA cards then you can? Or asking for raw to submitt is that ok?
    x
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

I also think one should actually have a set or two registered to even post here.....but Im not going to name names.

John
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I think most of US DO . I have one set remaining til I complete it. FYI
    x
  • Options
    Boggs

I dont think John was referring to you.
  • Options

DonCherry- you are correct....

Boggs-
    you put alot of work into the Boggs set when the whole player set registry genre was starting up...I hope that you keep the set on the regitstry for a long time to come. Havent checked lately but I remember last year when the Master Set was like 700 cards or some crazy number.

John
  • Options
    Gregmo,
    I'm starting to do more and more raw non-sport stuff from the 70's...Kotter, Happy Days, Grease, etc. The Star Wars stuff is expensive enough that it's around. Are you just doing Star Wars? I made a major find of 70's non-sport stuff in a Chicago re-sale clothing, nostalgia shop...yes, there were Star Wars cards, but I actually didn't buy all of those...they did have 'em, though. I did pick up a couple of boxes of Saturday Night Fever. I'm waiting to put on the polyester suit and crack those babies!!!
    BTW, this is a perfect place to post this stuff...
    dgf
  • Options

<< <i>I also think one should actually have a set or two registered to even post here.....but Im not going to name names.

John >>

name names john, who are your calling on the carpet for not being a true registry member?
  • Options

You figure it out...better yet...lets have a poll.

John
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Come on guys. Let's stick to the registry. Anyone should be able to post here about the registry.

Looking for raw cards, however, is strictly for the buy-sell boards. image
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
  • Options
    you are no fun.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I am certain that I don't understand all the controversy, but maybe I should have stated initially that my goal is to build PSA graded sets of the 1977 Topps Star Wars. If anyone has any PSA graded cards for sale please let me know. Since there is very little in the population report to speak of, I plan to go the route of submitting most of them myself. Not that it is a requirement that I know of, but I do have a few smaller sets registered on the Registry as well. Maybe they should include another forum on here since it seems that the BUY/SELLTRADE board rarely has much along the lines of what most of us are interested in... Let's hear it for VINTAGE BUY/SELL/TRADE! gregmo32@aol.com
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

Gregmo-

My post was not directed at you...in fact....when I read your thread...it did not even cross my mind to tell you where to post.

John
  • Options
    gregmo32,
    do not worry about it at all.
    Baslione is trying ever so cleverly to
    slam me.

You are fine.
    and Good luck with the search...
    May the force be with you! image
    imageimage
  • Options
    PSA graded Star Wars Cards rock! If I can get this to post.... I have some serious questions (assuming there is one other person in the world, at least, that would like to get into PSA graded Star Wars Cards).

Paul Holstein
    aka Transparent
    aka punker-paul
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Ok, cool. Whelp, you may notice that I have some PSA graded sets started.... U.S. Topps, Canadian OPC, and U.S. Topps Stickers. I have also submitted Kellogg's U.S., Kellogg's Canadian, Scanlens, and a few others - only some of which showed up in the Population Report. PSA returned my U.S. Burger King and Topps #207 errors and ungradable (they don't grade these cards).

Anyway, for a serious discussion here.... I have these questions:

1) What do you do if PSA makes a mistake? I have one card that is listed on the tag and in there database as a different number than is actually on the card. I also have two cards that obviously had the qualifier switched (a perfectly centered card has an "OC" tag, and another badly off center card has no tag, and they are consecutive serial numbers).

2) Is there any way to tell, before you submit the cards, if PSA will grade them? Since the 1977 U.K. series one cards are almost identical to the Topps U.S. and Australian Scanlens cards (#1-66), I wonder how PSA would be able to authenticate them? Do they really have a world reknown expert on Star Wars cards behind the scenes somewhere? I'm also interested in sending in some of my Argentina gummed album stickers for grading (or just "AUTHENTIC" would be fine).... but again, how would they know?

3) My Topps Mexican Star Wars cards are all over the board with defects. Some have stains from gum, other have stains that may be from gum or something else. Some of the gum stains are really really bad. Will they still grade these on the 1-10 scale, and how do they balance corner wear with other defects? For example, a perfect mint card with a gum stain on the back can have awesome eye appeal, but I assume the gum stain would kill the grade. Another card with beat up corners and no gum stain, could get the same grade but be a MUCH less desirable card....

Ok, have more... But wondering if anyone even cares hehe before I continue.

Punker-Paul/ Transparent/ PJH
    http://www.transparentrecords.com/starwarscards/Starwars.htm
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Hey, you've really got a GREAT website. I love the fact that you added your thoughts and comments on the various sets and variations.

Here's a link so others can check it out

Cool Star Wars Cards

You have a picture of a Princess Leia sticker from Star Wars and say that it's an error. What's the error?
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    That is a great site! Awesome job!!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Paul, Great website! Lots of great information about a set that I love. koby
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Great website ... brings back many childhood memories!

Contributions like this helps the forum thrive in a positive manner. This gets back to the true collector roots.