Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANA Williamsburg Colonial Seminar

Anyone from the board going to be there?
The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams

Comments

• Options
    I don't know anything about it, enlighten me!

• Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    The ANA is putting on a Colonial coin seminar, Aug. 3rd thru the 6th on the grounds of Colonial Williamsburg. Given by Richard Doty, numismatics curator at the Smithsonian. Also John Kraljevich and Erik Goldstein, the numismatic curator at Colonial Williamsburg. All presented on the grounds of Colonial Williamsburg.

Sounds like a great time, and a great opportunity to learn about this time in our numismatic history. I'll be attending and am really looking forward to it.image
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John taught my class at the ANA seminar on Colonials, and Erik popped in for a day... both are great guys, and you WILL love letting them teach you... if you can go, DO!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like great fun. I wish it were later in the year, and I'd had more advance notice. I'd have definitely tried to go. The wife and I have been talkin' about doin' Colonial Williamsburg for some time. Ivor Noel Hume's archaeology books are among my favorite reads, though I imagine he's retired from there by now?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file