Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Merc folks - can I borrow some $$ for Heritage

Has anyone noticed all the beautiful coins Heritage has in multiple auctions? For me there are multiple MS68 No Bands coins. I know there are a ton of really quality FB coins also. Look out JB, I that is also my area. Seriously, I hope everyone has saved their $$ for this as I dont believe we will see quite this many high quality coins in one place for a while. The Stokely Collection will drive much of this.

Does anyone think the prices will be soft due to the volume (I hope, but personally doubt).
Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.

Comments

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For someone that works at the mint just stamp a few mules and buy what you need and want.

PEABODY HIGH SCHOOL
    CLASS OF 66

Your classmate
    Pat Vetter
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Sure Bub, How much do you need!! image
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    those 68's are already pretty steep. you gonna step up to the plate on those?
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of going for one, given my meager budget. I think they are getting pretty pricy. JB do you have you eye on any of them? I will back off if you do. There are quite a number of them available, relatively speaking.

Pat,

If you are going to the show, PM me and lets get together for a meal. I am out of the area until Friday AM, but I will be at the PCGS lunch.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
    the 37 is the only one I am considering. the prices on the 2 others are a little high. i know one of them is a pop top all alone by itself but I just cannot see paying what it will sell for.

I already have 3 68's and one more would be fine for now.
  • man the prices are high I JUST BID $1000 ON ALL THE 68NB DIMES maybe I will win one

just kidding guys, have at them
    TImimage
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
    tIM

they seem a little high don't they?
  • check out the bid on the 38-d 68nb dime, I guess some one thinks it may go fb
    Tim
    that's the one I was mainly referring to. It even says in the description I believe that it might go FB.
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone think the prices will be soft due to the volume (I hope, but personally doubt).

DP,

I doubt that very much - most of the examples I'm following and others I'm just browsing thru are way over what the norms are - of course there are exceptions but by and large it does seem the market is strong and there are many closet merc collectors out there image

Marc
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've got a semi-final high bid on one Merc. How about the rest of us--are you the high bid now or are you waiting before bidding or are planning to skip this auction? In my case, I expect I'll watch the bidding on eBay. If the coin I've bid on goes for more than my bid, perhaps I'll think about bidding on one of the other Mercs.

Mark
    Mark

I might at some point during the auction decide I have to buy at least something reguardless of the price. I hope it does not cost me too much.
  • Place your final bids now time is running out
  • I was watching 3 of them, but all have gone a bit above my price range. One is currently about $10,500.00 above my current budget. They are some beautiful coins, though. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumped on the computer after getting home tonight and tried to find something reasonable to bid on. Found one and ended up being the high bidder at the time. Checked the 37P MS68 coin that has my type of tone but decided it was too much money. Darn pretty coin though.

All early bids have got blown out of the water so the interest there is gone.....I think...still have a hour left I believe. image

Hey if anyone wants to send money I can bid some more. Thanks in advance. PM Quick though.

Ken
  • khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    DeepCoin,

I thought YOU were going to loam ME money. image

-KHayse
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thursday July 24, 2003 7:27 PM I might at some point during the auction decide I have to buy at least something reguardless of the price. I hope it does not cost me too much.
    imageimage

poor jb!

Marc
    now that's good!

man it sure is gonna cost me image
    looks like the 38D in ms68 no bands did not meet the reserve as it is for sale on the Heritage site for $1995.00

You would think that if somebody had this coin and they feel it was a FB coin they would submit it. No one will ever buy it in a non FB holder for anywhere close to that.