Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For Braddick

'34 Texas

Don't know if you have a Texas yet, but I've never seen a circulated one worn to this degree. It appears to be overgraded at EF and he wants too much money. Too much for an ordinary collector that is....

A rather attractive coin IMO.

1 Tassa-slap
2 Cam-Slams!
1 Russ POTD!

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat coin but I'll stick with my PCGS AG03!

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>Neat coin but I'll stick with my PCGS AG03! >>

• Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    an AG3 Texas? wow. I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that - mainly the reverse.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    I like it.How much is he or she asking for it? I'm not registered with Yahoo so I'm not able to access the auction.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    nucklehead -

He wants $55 - which I think is overpriced considering you could get an MS65 coin for probably $150. I still think it's an attractive coin. His reverse photo isn't working but I'd like to see what that busy design would look like when it's worn down.

The seller currently has 703 auctions on Yahoo, and a whopping 4 bids - if that gives you any idea of the prices he wants.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    not to mention he overgrades it as an EF. The legend runs into the rim for goodness sakes!

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    That is a bit much for that coin.Less than a month ago I paid $70.00 for a 1935 Arkansas that's MS63 (I know,it's not the same coin) that another board member looked at and stated it's a MS 65+ for sure.
  • Options
    A fair price for that coin would be in the $20 range I think. Texas commems are much more common also, not necessarily in this grade.

Who certified that Arkansas? I'm putting a commemorative set together myself.

This one ANACS certified as a 61 - I'm not sure why. Stone Mountains are usually bland and flat (without color)

imageimage

ANACS certified this one as a 60. There is a light scratch in Chris' hair but again, pretty harsh. Mark Feld suggested it may have been cleaned at one time, and retoned. The more I look at it, he may be right (is he ever wrong?)

imageimage

Whatever the reason for the lower grades, it's 2 commems I'm very happy with that came cheap. Up next are Texas and Oregon - my 2 favorites.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wear on that thing looks weird to me. Too flat of a wear pattern for me. I looks like it was rubbed on sandpaper for a while to flatten it out. The birst breast and the star tips don't look like how I would expect that coin to wear in the hand.
  • Options
    It's raw but even to me (and I don't claim to be that good of a grader) if it is'nt at least a 65 I'd be shocked.
  • Options
    That's what I would say about that Stone Mountain if it was raw, ANACS begs to differ.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    The wear looks OK to me, it's all the high points, and doesn't have any nasty dings all over it. Definitely overgraded though! I'm tempted to email Scott and offer him $20 for it. I'll let you know what he says.
  • Options
    Too late, someone ponied up the $55 and bought it. Wonder if it was someone from this board?
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I don't recognize the ID, but I did send the email. It's a moot point now though, huh?
  • Options
    yeah, I doubt he's gonna take your 20 bucks now.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file