Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Price Guide Question

If the Jeffersons have a separate price line for FS coins and
the Mercs have a separate price line for FB coins,
then why doesn't the Roosevelts have a separate price line for FB coins??

Thanks for any help,
Larry

Comments

• Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    The price guides are way behind on price and catagories. Have been for quite some time, and with their slow times on grading and tons of work, it probably isn't on the top of their agenda. Go to the proof section and they still have the '99-S silver proof at $75. I'd love to buy some at that price.
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options

Since the topic is price guides, here's a question I would like to ask you all.

Do you thinks PCGS or TRENDS is more accurate in pricing everyday collector coins.
    I don't mean wild toned morgans or super Cameo's I'm talking "collector" stuff. like mint
    nickels, dimes ordinary stuff.

The reason I ask is that I was checking some lincoln prices and there was about a 75 to
    100 percent difference in some cases on what I thought should be some everyday coins.

Bobsav21
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    I dont' use the PCGS guide at all. Most prices are WAY overstated. I found that some of the early commemorative prices listed were accurate and some were way off. I use Ebay history for a starting point.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    100% too high sounds about right. I think if you keep using it you'll find 300-400% overstated is not uncommon.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file