Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1909 S-VDB MS66 Lincoln on EBAY Relisted Ends Sunday Aug 3

I Revised the item to include better pictures and accept Paypal. Hopefully that will help move some of the people off the fence!

Item goes on sale tonight at 11:30 PM EDT.

Link to EBAY 1909 SVDB Auction

Thanks,

Ken
My Collections:

Kenny's Bennies I

Comments

• Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    I didn't think you could charge the buyer fees for using paypal? I've never sold anything on Ebay, but I thought I had seen a discussion on this a while back.

Good luck with the sale! I'd like to have one in that grade some day. I'm still kicking myself for not buying an MS67RD example that was for sale about 12 years ago. For not much more than your opening bid too! image
    Dan
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Holy Smokes Daddy-o, that monster is a beauty......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    You probably should edit your auction before eBay yanks it. You can not advertise (or charge) a surcharge for using PayPal.

From eBay Seller Rules:
    Sellers may not charge eBay buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment, including acceptance of checks, money orders, electronic transfers or credit cards. Such costs should be built into the price of the item-this policy reduces the potential for confusion among bidders about the true cost of an item. Further, some forms of payment surcharges, such as credit card surcharges, are forbidden under the laws of many states, including California.

Otherwise, that's a fine looking cent! Good Luck, Dave
  • Options
    Hmmm I didn't know that. Thanks for the advice!! I'd hate to be pulled over by the E-bay police!

I have amended the item.

Thanks for the KittyKudos!! IT's hard to part with, but Benjamin has been calling my name!!

Ken
    My Collections:

Kenny's Bennies I
  • Options
    TTT
    My Collections:

Kenny's Bennies I
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    So far, no one has bid on it.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    FRANKLINS RULE!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    I am a bit disappointed that there are no bids!! We'll see. I know that 4 S-VDB's in 66 just went for over 10k each at Heritage. Perhaps the market is saturated for the moment!! We'll see if everyone is waiting for the last second..

Ken

My Collections:

Kenny's Bennies I
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    I used to be a Lincoln collector way back when, so Im watching this with interest. Regarding the lack of bids... this is normal for an auction with a high starting bid. I wouldnt be surprised to see all the bids come in the last sixty seconds. When I put my rainbow Washingtons on ebay (probably in a few weeks) I will also have substantial starting bids and I dont expect to see any bidding until the last minute or so. Have a nice dinner and come back to the site two minutes before the end time. cheers, and good luck, Alan Mendelson
  • Options
    sorry you coin didn't sell... it is very nice....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    I was thinking I'd get a bunch of bids at the end too. Oh well!

I took some better pictures of the coin and am going to relist. I will take the hit on Paypal this time though to make it more palatable!

Luckily, I am in no hurry to sell it! So I'll just keep chugging till the right person comes along!

My Collections:

Kenny's Bennies I
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I didnt see anything wrong with the price or the quality. The only problem with that coin is that there are a lot of people that can see that it's a good deal, but most cant afford it. As long as you're not in a hurry to sell it... it's a good problem to have.

David
  • Options
    I agree! I guess I have to wait for the right person to come along! It got over 650 views which is a record for any auction I have ever put up! The new listing will go live tonight at 1130...We'll see how it goes..

My Collections:

Kenny's Bennies I
  • Options

<< <i>Luckily, I am in no hurry to sell it! So I'll just keep chugging till the right person comes along! >>

Thats how I feel about my 53S fbl....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    I'm seriously drooling over that 53-S!! I was looking at it yesterday thinking, "is it greedy to have 2 of them in my collection?" image

I really need that 49-D in 66 though. That will put put me in the top 5!

I just picked up a 58-D in 67 and a 60 P in 66. Those coins will take me to 68.04....Ooooh sooo close......I also need a 59-D and 52-s in 66 too..

Patience...Patience...
    My Collections:

Kenny's Bennies I
  • Options
    My 49d and 60p which I thought had a shot of the lofty ms66fbl grade only came back in a 5 holder..... I thought I had another GEM for you.... Your awesome set is getting to the point were upgrades are impossible......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    I resubmitted my 49-D and 59-d and they both came back 65..I may try again at Baltimore tis week. We'll see.
    My Collections:

Kenny's Bennies I