Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Learned a lesson the hard way...

Bought a ACG image coin from Harborcoin Link

Get the coin and it is not the one pictured. Mine is ACG307384

Lookie what he just listed again... Link

Its my coin I won weeks ago. I did not know they used stock photos, does not say stock photo anywhere. They really suck! The email form from ebay bounces as nodeliverable.

Learned the hard way not to deal with them.

Lori - venting (and feeling better now)

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a number... call it...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    ACG was clue enough. I think I would have an issue with seller and I would let him know about it!

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...it also says 7 day return...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    The only part of your post I see is that you bought an ACG slab. imageimageimageimage
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options

<< <i>The email form from ebay bounces as nodeliverable. >>

They have an AOL email address listed; AOL emails are notorious for bouncing from non-AOL users. Try using the "ask the seller a question" feature. It's worked for me on more than one occasion trying to contact an AOL address. Other than using the stock photos (which some deem an acceptable practice with moderns), they look like an overall good seller based upon their feedback.....
    Paul Fillmore
    ANA LM5200
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    So what are you so mad about? You didn't get a <<<GEM!!!! Exceptional in every respect!!!>>> ACG holdered JFK?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Can you really be surprised? If it's in a ACG or NTC or PCI etc holder it is there for a reason.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Lori, have you never looked at my site? It is linked in my sig line and has been for some time. ACG is run by frauds, and dealers who sell their coins should be considered frauds as well. I don't go to the amount of trouble I do for nothing. The people who run that company have targeted me for attack, and with good reason. It really disturbs me that a board member who has been here for quite some time still thought they could find a "bargain" in an ACG slab. image
  • Options
    ACG coins are sad...........and sellers should say they are using stock photos..........I'm glad it wasn't a $1500 sting for you.............20 bucks is cheap tuition.
    New shop..........New lessons every day...............
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    You haven't liberated it from the holder yet have you?

Return it and hopefully they will give you a refund - maybe they don't use stock photos but sent you the wrong one?

Call them on their toll free line - or visit them - only a few hundred miles away from you aren't they?
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    If the coin isnt hairlined or real hazy etc,a problem coin, I,d say you did ok.
    So if it is a bummer of a coin, you only took a $20 hit.

I,d laugh it off if the deal was crummy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file