Home U.S. Coin Forum

Things I would like to see PCGS change.

MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
Ideas anyone! Personally the two biggies I have are:

Turn Around Time (I'm sure this is tops on everyones list!)
Make moderns go back to 1955 like NGC does. I would much rather send my late date Frankies and 64 Kennedys to PCGS, but 3 at NGC for the price of 2 at PCGS in 1/3 the time! See change #1...
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Except I'd be just as happy if PCGS changed moderns back to just 1964. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Get rid of modern grading tier so when we submit legitimate coins they can be graded faster than 3 months.
  • littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    I smell a modern vs. classics flame war.image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    Watch what you say / write, Marty, or you 'll be next.image
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty, of all people, should want a special price on AU58s... maybe if they were the next quarterly...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Been nice knowing you Marty. image
  • TURNAROUND TIME!!!
    PCGS,NGC & ANACS certified toned Morgan dollar dealer.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop with the outside promotions (ie: $25. fee for membership/4 15 day grades/MS68 ASE). It's adding fuel to the fire and the fire is burning 84+ days now for Economy.

peacockcoins

• doopsdoops Posts: 498
    SIMPLE SOLUTIONS:A OR B
    A:
    PCGS EMPLOY AT LEAST 3 OR 4 MORE GRADERS, ANOTHER FINALIZER, 1 MORE SLAB HELP,
    1 MORE RECEIVING DEPT PERSON, 1 MORE SHIPPING DEPT PERSON, 2 MORE EFFICIENT GAL
    FRIDAYS AND.................*POOF*.......THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED, THEY'RE MEETING OR EXCEEDING
    NGC'S SERVICE, THUS MORE BUSINESS IS GAINED < HELLO GAINED, NOT LOST....THEN THE 2
    MAJORS KEEP ON A TRUCKIN KEEPIN TEENY SUBMITTERS TO MAJOR SUBMITTERS HAPPY AT THE
    SAME RATE...
    LET'S SEE... THAT ABOUT 1.5 MIL TO 2 MIL IN SLAB FEES GAINED A YR TO COVER ABOUT 1.5 TO 2 MIL
    NEW EMPLOYEE COSTS...HMMMMM...SO IT'S A WASH.....
    B:
    TELL YA WHAT ! WASH OR NOT, LETS KEEP IT LIKE IT IS, LOSING THOSE SUBMISSIONS, LESSENING,
    LOWERING CUSTOMER (CONSUMER) CONFIDENCE IN AT LEAST THE SERVICE CATEGORY, THUS
    INEVITIBALY BLEEDING OVER TO GRADING CONFIDENCE LEADING TOWARDS THE LOWERING OF THEIR
    STANDARDS TO GET GIFT SUBS IN TO STAY AFLOAT IN SUB #'S PER YR, ETC,ETC..TO COVER IT LIKE IT IS
    NOW IS SCENARIO "A"
  • doopsdoops Posts: 498
    OR, ALSO...DAVID, AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE
    I'M STILL OPEN TO GRADING EVERY PROOF COIN FROM 1936 TO 2003 @ $1.50 PER COIN. I CAN DO/THEY CAN FED-X ME ONCE A WEEK AND PICK UP FED-X THE PREVIOUS WEEK'S FINAL PRECISE GRADES ON
    10,000 COINS PER WEEK. E V E R Y SINGLE COIN WILL BE EXACTLY AND PRECISELY GRADED E V E R Y
    SINGLE TIME. CAM AND DCAM ATTRIBUTIONS WILL BE E X A C T WITH EVERY SINGLE COIN, E V E R Y
    SINGLE TIME. AND...ALL CONSIDERATIONS FOR EACH DATE AND DENOM WILL BE APPROPRIATELY TAKEN
    INTO CONSIDERATIONS GIVEN ALL THE VARIABLES OF EACH DATE/DENOM THAT MAY OR MAY NOT APPLY.
    FULL TIME, 100% AND I WILL STOP ALL ACTIVITY WE DO AND COMMIT TO A MIN 5 YR CONTRACT.
    THE PROOF 36 TO CURRENT MARKET WILL GET CORRECTED, EVEN THE BLUNDERS,GOOFS,GIFTS,GRADE REVIEWS,CROSSOVERS,"BUY OFF THE MARKET TOTAL FLUBS" AND THE WORST PROBLEMATIC OF ALL,THE
    EVER CHANGING UP A COG/DOWN A COG RE-OCCURANCE OF AN ALWAYS CHANGING SAME GROUP OF
    GRADERS NO MORE THAN MONTHS TO A YR OR SO WILL BE ENTIRELY ELIMINATED.
    IS HE SERIOUS ?
    YES....
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    I would like to see EVERY coin holdered even if it is cleaned or AT and saying such on the holder.

If they won't holder EVERY coin then do not charge for the BB'ed coins. They are making enough money to be able to give the BB coins back without charging.
  • bengalsbengals Posts: 241
    >>
    Get rid of modern grading tier so when we submit legitimate coins they can be graded faster than 3 months.
    <<

i bet pcgs makes more $$$$ via the modern grading tier than any other tier.

btw, i would like to see an increase on the maximum value of a coin for the economy tier, from $300 to, say, NONE!

• << <i>>>
    Get rid of modern grading tier so when we submit legitimate coins they can be graded faster than 3 months.
    <<

i bet pcgs makes more $$$$ via the modern grading tier than any other tier.

btw, i would like to see an increase on the maximum value of a coin for the economy tier, from $300 to, say, NONE! >>

Possibly, but I would rather see PCGS spend the time grading coins of value than coins taken out of change jars that are marketed to rubes at prices only a con man could love.
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    I too would like to see moderns go back to at least 1955 (preferably 1948). I would send A LOT more coins to PCGS if that was the case.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

• << <i>I would like to see EVERY coin holdered even if it is cleaned or AT and saying such on the holder.

If they won't holder EVERY coin then do not charge for the BB'ed coins. They are making enough money to be able to give the BB coins back without charging. >>

I am in total agreement and well stated. I wouldn't complain at all
    at the choice they made above. If they went with the holder idea
    I would at least feel as if I got something for my fee and could sell
    the coin as is or break it out and chance another submission. PCGS
    should be thinking along these lines. It would be a real plus for them either way.

"location, location, location...eye appeal, eye appeal, eye appeal"
    My website
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    Add a conservation service and give real time status to the end user and not just perpetual "received." And when calling for status, to get more detailed information on what is happening to the invoice. NGC is good about that. They'll tell you the expected completion date and what stage in the process it is.
  • Would like to see the grading guar. to be real refund or at least credit certs that can be used at your discretion by you or anyone else (in any number at any time & not all at once) and would like the guar. to apply to submissions where the certs from a previous late submission are being used.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file