Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Stump, I thought you had learned your lesson?

I thought you were going with the snipes for every auction now? I was watching this card, but man, you got killed in the last minute. If you had sniped, this card would have gone for much less! My snipe did not even go off and you would have probably outbid me by $1.00 at half the price you paid.

Time to snipe full time! image

JEB.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Wetzel would have bid close to the same amount he did from my bidding competitions with him in the past.....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    7 bids with 6 in the last 42 seconds? If Stump had sniped, Wetzel would have been the high bidder at $46.29 with under a minute remaining. Granted, he probably would have placed another bid anyway, but 6 bids in 42 seconds? He would not have known that Stump was going to bid and probably placed a lower final bid. I am just speculating, and there is no way to prove it, but I believe this auction would have closed significantly lower had a snipe been placed rather than a top all bid with over 10 minutes remaining. That still gives time for an emotional bid, especially when the competition has a high speed connection, as it appears Wetzel does.

JEB.
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Jeb

I have learned all kinds of lessons. One of which the snipe does not always go off. I wanted this card as it puts me in the one spot so I wasn't going to take a chance with it. If wetzel would of kept on bidding it would of took 50 more 5 dollar bids to reach me. Most cards I snipe there are a few I dont. He may or may not of stopped but He has been over 100 on the 73 tens before.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Dave,

When I snipe a card that I really want, I usually place 3 or more snipes for the same auction. My sniping service actually suggested that I do this after I had a problem with some snipes not going through about 8 months ago. I've done it ever since and never had a snipe not go off.

I still don't believe this card would have gone for that much had you sniped. Maybe I'm wrong. Oh well, as long as you're happy with your purchase. image

JEB.
  • Options
    Jeb

Do you place them at differant times or all the same? This sounds like it will give me some insurance. Educate me knowledge rules.

And yes I am Ok with the purchase but we all want to pay the least amount possible. I just wasn't going to chance this one.

Dave
  • Options
    Dave,

I have used justsnipe for about a year now. I know that you have options of how many seconds before the end of the auction to place a snipe with esnipe, but justsnipe places the snipe at 5-8 seconds before the end (they quote 5 seconds for paying members - last time I checked). So, basically, all of my snipes go off at the same time. Actually, only one will register. The others just show an error. But, if one doesn't make it, the back up snipes will. Justsnipe has informed me that they have multiple servers and if you place more than 1 snipe order, they will be set up on different servers. This assures that at least one snipe goes off if one of the servers goes down, is too slow, etc. I have placed about 3000 snipe orders since I've been using this service. I have had a grand total of 8 snipes not register. All 8 of these were prior to my use of the multiple snipe method and all 8 occured in the same week. Since then, I have not had a problem.

Hope that helps.

JEB.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Jeb and Stump-

Remember the 1965 Mastro Auction back in May? Well...I probably the only one who used justsnipe.com during that auction and when esnipe.com and auctionsentry broke down....I landed some great deals on some PSA 9 1 of 1s.

John
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654

John,

I heard auctionsniper.com got through also. I've never had a failed snipe with them.

Gator
  • Options
    Matt, this is my 494th post...if you reply, we'll be tied...what were the odds...I heard a rumor about Sammy and Bagwell...
    dgf
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654

DGF,

495 and SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    John

I was esnipe the night of the 65's. Lesson learned.

Jeb

Thanks for that bit of info I will test this soon on my end and if esnipe fails again I will go to justsnipe. I am still sniping most of my auctions and have saved hundreds of dollars and maybe over a thousand. I still believe in it and will continue to use it but not 100 percent of the time. Thanks again Jeb for sharing that with us its great info.

Dave
  • Options
    I have used auctionstealer.com and it has never failed for me, even the night of the 65's. And I use the free service part to boot.
  • Options
    Dave-

The best part about justsnipe is that its a flat $5.00 each month for Unlimited Snipes that they pull directly out of your paypal account each month (how easy is that). So in effect, for $60.00 a year....you can snipe thousands of times....and save yourself a boatload of cash.

John
  • Options

A 1 year subscription of auctionstealer paid via paypal is:

12 Month - One Time Payment $79.99 Instant w/ CC ($20.00 more than justsnipe)

In addition the free service is 10 snipes per month. Heck...just snipes free service is 5 per week.

John