LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
Today's 84... and counting...

David

Edited to say that it's now day 86....

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    That blows!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    You have spent 23% of a year waiting for them, image.
  • Options
    Didn't it take less time for Noah to build the Ark, for Bush to invade and topple Sadam, for the Devils to win the Stanley Cup or even for NGC to grade an economy submission. image

Keep waiting, I'm in there with ya!

Michael
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    That's a long wait. I often wonder to myself where they store the coins. I have this vision of all the cubicles overflowing with bubble wrap envelopes.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    wow, that's a long time...
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    I feel your pain David. I have one that arrived the day after yours. Mine were crossovers also, yet the economy graded coins which arrived at the same time were completed last week and shipped. Maybe there is a backlog on the crackout machine? Dave
  • Options
    Ouch! 3 months. My last batch was almost 2 months and I thought that was bad.
  • Options
    I feel your pain David. I have one that arrived the day after yours. Mine were crossovers also, yet the economy graded coins which arrived at the same time were completed last week and shipped. Maybe there is a backlog on the crackout machine? Dave

Yah, I had a raw submission also that was in the same box. It was graded a couple of weeks ago.

I check the status online every day. I finally got fed-up and called customer service yesterday. I hate doing anything over the phone, so you know I'm tired of waiting. The lady was very polite... but when she said it was about half way through the submission process, my blood pressure went up twenty or thirty poings. The last time I checked, 83 x 2 = 2.5 times as long as I wanted to wait. I was then given the impression they would go through quicker. My blood pressure went back down five or ten points.

It was estimated 60 days when they received them. It was later moved to 65, then to 75. It still sits at 75, and I'm a week beyond that... and three weeks beyond what I was initially led to believe.

I realize how many coins PCGS graded last month. They are definatly improving the volume per month. It isnt realistic for me to expect too much more. Even though the brain sees them working hard to get a job done, the collector wants the coins back.

NGC is looking pretty darn good right now.

David
  • Options
    David, I don't understand! I sent mine in May 31 and got my email today. This was 53 days. How many did you send??
  • Options
    Recieved 5/01/03...

I think there were nine or ten coins in the batch. ...it's been so long... I can only remember a few specific ones.

David
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't it take less time for Noah to build the Ark, for Bush to invade and topple Sadam, for the Devils to win the Stanley Cup or even for NGC to grade an economy submission. image

Keep waiting, I'm in there with ya!

Michael >>

Yay Devils!!! image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

Michael >>

Yay Devils!!! image >>

You just have to rub it in,don't ya.imageimage
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    This is like watching the grass grow....

David
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain. I think my last ANACS economy submission passed the 90 day mark. Might have even been longer.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ...well, I just found out the grass that I was watching is actually astro-terf.

David
  • Options

<< <i>...well, I just found out the grass that I was watching is actually astro-terf.

David >>

imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

Maybe "Coin Vault" sent all their stuff to PCGS instead of NGC.

That could account for the backlog.

Bob
  • Options
    I think they should issue a Centennial commemorative coin for all those that have to wait 100 days.
  • Options
    Now day 86.

And they're off! Snail got of to a late start. It's sloth in the lead. Turtle is in second place by mear inches.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    How long till your coins get rigor mortis?
  • Options
    How long till your coins get rigor mortis?

I hope they dont kill my coins to cover up something they dont want us to know about. Dead coins dont talk.

• Options
    Well, Think of all the free gradings if that makes you feel better!! image
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, Think of all the free gradings if that makes you feel better!! >>

ROTFLMAO!!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
  • Options
    Is this like one of those hostage things? image
  • Options
    I'd call them and Sweat them Heavy!!!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file