Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Should you buy gold? YOU decide.

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
Worse things to take into the future.

LInk to Reese

Me? Got pounds. Gettin more. NEWMONT mining for stock players. WHEN it hits, the public sees Newmont as THE gold play. Some may give you more bang, but NEM is the solid conservative play.

IF gold can ever be considered "conservative."

Right now, I think gold is the ONLY conservative play.

The game is up for paper money.

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Wow $3,400 an ounce? Thats quite a prediction considering todays price.
  • Options
    Actually LIVING on Social Security was quite a prediction at one time.

We are gonna get WHACKED in the US.

You're a student of coins. What has happened to EVERY paper money in the history of the world?

Bydaway....With our 40 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities in the USA, that figgers out to about $148,000 for every MAN WOMAN AND CHILD in the country.

Ready to write a $148,000 check to pay it? PER family member, of course.

And here you thought your VISA debt was high.

But they may straighten it out. I ....think.....I read yesterday where our debt was only 50 million per hour.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    The debt was high before 80's-90's.
    I have heard the same stuff before but I did feel better when the U.S. dollar was tied to the gold standard.

Btw where you are getting your numbers? There is a national debt site here I guess it should be accurate. The numbers there are a little lower than yours.

National debt
  • Options
    Such negativity!!!!

The government will just write a check to cover it all! image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Placid, was not counting official DEBT but also unfunded liabilities like SS, Medicare, etc. which is scheduled to be filled by payroll deductions from a nation of jobless.

I don't think the kids can handle it. Already SSA is telling the under 35's NOT to count on SS.

I don't care if you buy gold. Just saying I am.

The world is presently in a RACE to devalue currencies to COMPETE for business. Let 'em.

Topstufania, a small private country, is backing its future with gold. Maybe the Topstufanians will get pissed, but the President is an idiot, so he doesn't care.

.....Mr. President

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All glory is fleeting.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    The sky is falling!
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    I did not have sexual relations with that women! That was another line I totally believed in!!image

Until there is a strong commercial market for gold, it will never reach that point!! You can't eat gold and if starving, you would trade an ounce for a 1lb. steak!!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    Buy gold coins for numismatic enjoyment....but I say gold is a lousy investment. It'll always be worth something, but I just don't see the growth potential. If you want to invest in gold, I'd recommend you be ready to trade and trade quick on small price jumps...
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I think it would be wise to take a Topstufian approach to wealth preservation! Incidentally, I've been saying that for a decade, and that time has allowed me the ability to preserve more wealth!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

One thing conveniently not mentioned by those worrying about the "trade deficit" is that US exports are not valued logically. For example, if Lotus 1-2-3 software is exported, the value is determined by the amount of cardboard and plastic, not the $500 retail price in the USA.

If Bay Watch's own David Hasselhoff sings and records a CD, the export value of that CD is the 50 cents a raw CD costs, not the $19.99 retail price. image

So a certain amount, but not all, of the looming disaster is a phantom.

That said, I'm glad I bought gold last week.
  • Options
    And NOBODY knows until one side or the other laughs all the way to the bank.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world's....and the US's finances are in a mess. This won't be corrected this year or even next year (the short term). Expect gold to be buzzing upwards during next week's ANA......this will be a nice boost for the show.

I concur with Topstuf. We have all been sort of hoodwinked by our
    Govt into believing that constantly inflating our currency and pumping up our economy on credit the past 10 years has been a beneficial thing to all of us. It was in the short term. I suspect the abuses are far more widespread than anyone can imagine. We've only seen the tip of this iceberg. You can't eat gold, but during rapid inflation or deflation, it is most certainly a store of value for rich or poor alike.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file