Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Reverse "Box of Twenty"?

291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it time to go thru your collection and pick out the twenty least important pieces for disposal? The items could include things you no longer collect, duplicates, mistakes, etc. Use the money you raise to buy just one exceptional item.
All glory is fleeting.

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I follow this a lot. Although I have sold off more than 20. Unfortunately, most were at a loss. But I have half the bulk I did before and better coins for it. The "permanent collection" won't be as disappointing if I have to sell them some time. Will make a profit on some.
  • Options
    I learned tons when I first did that years ago. I highly recommend doing that. If you have upgraded coins or switched interests do sell some coins. I took a biger loss than I expected. Why should that have been a surprise? I sold the coins even a fairly new collector (me) didn't want.
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont have twenty coins so that would be difficult...

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can be a very unpleasant task since it forces the collector to evaluate his buying prowess.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    my buying prowess is better than ever BUT i have 20 years of HORRIBLE buying to sift through image

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Last Sunday at a show, I was able to sell four PCGS body bags for what I paid for them. I came home with three new certified coins and all the money I went with plus $10.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file