Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Please take a look at my Lincoln Registry

I finally decided to go ahead and post the 09-29 PCGS portion of my set. I have many of the other dates in NGC 64/65/66BN. Please take a look at my set if you want to see some decent BN cents.

Thanks,
David

P.S. The 29-S is potheticly undergraded.

Comments

• Beautiful!!!! image
  • I loved the pictures. I hope to get my own set shot one day.
  • LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Here's the pics of the NGC bn's I have in my set. I accedently included a 66RD 09VDB in the batch. The 1918 should be 65BN IMHO. Doesnt mater any on the value, though.....

David
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that choc brown on the 29-S,also has great luster,Nice set David.Al
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Nice set!!! I was thinking about doing a Lincoln set in BN as it would be less $$ than in RD and there is no chance of the coin then turning on you. I already collect Merc in No Bands for the same financial reason. You get lots of coin for your dollar this way.

Keep going, I look forward to seeing you fill this set out further.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Grip,

Yah, I really like the "MS63BN" 29-S. It's 64BN minimum, and it's nicer than about five 65BN's I own. The 1919-P in "64BN" is nicer than all but a couple of my 65BN's. I've sent that cheap coin in three times... body bag'd the first, 64'd the second, and grade reviewed (and stayed the same) the third. How many $15/$16 fees can you sink into a $20 coin on principle? PCGS seems to be very inconsitant with their browns... a definate drawback to collecting them. Maybe they should have a workshop or something. I'd be happy to send them my set to look at.

Deepcoin,

Price was definatly a factor in my decision to go all bn in the early dates. Sure, I could go red. It would take me about three times as long to complete, but I wouldnt be in the top five (get pedigreed) on completion, so what difference would that make. The RD's I could afford in the tougher dates would cost a lot (too me) and wouldnt be something I'd enjoy looking at. Some people prefer red coins with spots on them... I prefer brown ones with no spots. And you're right, there's sure no chance of them turning.

Aside from the inconsistency in gradeing, the biggest draw back to collecting BN's is the apprication. There is no question that RD's are the most desired color. ...and always will be. Most people would agree that RD's are a better investment coin. But... if I were investing instead of collecting. I wouldnt have anything. I'd do nothing but buy/sell.

Also, I'd really like to do a type set. But, the Lincolns are $$$ enough. You have to go with what you like that's in your budget... a strong single set, to me, is more desirable than two weak ones. ...just my thoughts.

David
    David
  • KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    Nice coins David !

That 09-s VBD rocks !