Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Please stop your posting abuses on this board.

Please don’t post more than two threads at a time, and please don’t bump them more than once a day. These guidelines have been around forever, and some who abuse them know this. Subtlety has been tried, but hasn't worked. This is the direct approach. Please stop. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Hey JR,
    Where do I find these board guidelines...
    I know nothing about them and have never seen them.
    I have not bumped anything in 5 days....
    I would like to tell you to ...
    but I won't at this time.
    Talk about abuse of the boards..I see it every day and have for
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    PQpeace, you and your buddy Rkfish are the biggest abusers of this forum. At most any given time, between you two, you have 6 threads or so bumped up to the top. Subtly doesn’t seem to work with you two, so here we go. You may call me any name you like, but that still doesn't excuse you for your posting violations. You've been around here long enough to know this, and to obviously not care. I will actively boycott your sales, and encourage others to do the same.
  • Options
    mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    JR your wrong, they only have 5 threads on the first page not 6image
  • Options
    JR,

I am in no mood tonite for any BS,but you started this..
    I have never abused this board or any other.
    I have never been warned or asked to stop by anyone.
    I get tons of PM'S and emails from guys who love my posts and coins.
    I keep getting emails form guys who want more coins and more posts..
    This whole board has been full of abuse ever since I have been here,but I deal with it.
    I want to see hundreds of posts every day.I want more,not less.
    So until I see a set of rules posted by Carol,BJ,or David Hall,I will continue posting as I have been.
    I have been away for 5 days and come back to this crap.
    you have to be ....ing kidding me...
    Since I started writing this reply,I have received 3 pm's from guys wanting to know who elected you hall monitor..
    Take a pill and turn your tv on,
    Larry

POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    I see you are also making friends with Lablover....
    pretty soon you won't buy from anyone on this forum,
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    I don't think everyone saw this thread yet you may want to ttt it a few more times link
  • Options
    Larry,

I can prove you a liar (or at least severely mistaken) without trying hard. You do post multiple (more than two) threads a day - between you and Rkfish and do bump them more than once a day. Except for newbies, you two post like the rules don't apply to you. They do and you will soon get it.

And I don't care if you are in the mood to hear this. Others have tried to tell you this too, but you are either very dense or uncaring.

I’m sure you are an expert in certain coin related fields, but you appear clueless on this issue. That’s my complaint. Nothing more, and nothing less.
  • Options
    Where are the guidelines..
    where have they been posted.
    Show me some rules.
    I don't need any smart a** comments when I an looking for an answer.

POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    Last post before I let this die.

Maybe I made a mistake tonite..
    ok shoot me..

I do alot more for this board that alot of people and have many friends here.
    This is the 1st time since I have come to PCGS that I have been attacked like this..
    really uncalled for.

Show be the guidelines.

POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    Larry,

Here's an answer for you - the clueless. Post more than two threads a day, and/or bump them more than once a day, and I will start a daily thread calling for a boycott of all of your sales. Wanna rumble? I'll play. Just take the hint when you've been hit over the head with it, will you?
  • Options
    What an ass

do u make the rules ??
    are you king ??
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    Larry,

Nope. You're the ass here. Most everyone else understands the guidelines here and abides by them. Because of abusers like you, we will eventually have to face the prospect of moderators here - which in my opinion would not be beneficial for most of us. Because of people like you, we will probably end up with very restrictive rules regarding posting here.

Guidelines you ass, not rules written in stone. Subtly (as a social courtesy) has been tried before, but you and Rkfish don't seem to get it. Get it?
  • Options
    PQ, I will be glad to bump them for you.
  • Options
    PQ, I'll be equally glad to bump your ads off the first page.
  • Options
    add me to the list of those who will gladly bump the b/s/t threads of Larry and RK.

good sellers, great coins, nice people, what's not to like?

JR, take a pill.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    Tell you what SarasotaFrank,

If no one else backs me on this, I will back off. I consider myself a fair person and will conduct myself accordingly. Fair enough?
  • Options
    jr:

I am confident there is SOMEONE who will back you on this, perhaps the kiddies practicing to be hall monitors.

Larry just bumped all of his threads off of page two or three or four, as he clearly stated he had been out for five days. I don't begrudge the guy coming back and moving his remaining items up.

I really think you jumped the gun. I know these folks list a lot of coins, but they group them in categories, and it is all tip top.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    I have already said I may have made a mistake tonite ,and I am sorry for that.
    I have never tried to have 6 messages at the top at one time.
    If I were a collector of fine dollars at great prices,I would be happy as can be seeing them for sale all the time.
    Since I have made my posts tonite,I have sold 2 coins,been asked for pics from at least 10 guys,and sold some pcgs boxes.
    That is telling me that people want to see good deals posted all theh time.

Or maybe some guys on this board want to pay 20-30% more for the same quality coins.
    Most of the time I am thanked for my posts.

I will make a post tomorrow nite after talking to PCGS about this subject.

Larry
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    JR,

I wasn;t going to post to this thread but this will be my one and only as it's after midnight here and I'm calling it a night......

Larry and I have several threads because most people don't like to look through a long list to find a particular piece that they may be looking for and we've found that most people like to see the threads broken down by series.....I have not had one PM or email about the way I post our for sale threads. I understand your frustration at times with these boards but I would have appreciated a PM or email to me personally if you had a problem with our threads. We have quite a few customers here on the boards and appreciate their support and I think most like our threads and the way they are put together. I usually never bump our threads more than twice in a day but on occasion I lose track and they may get bumped more......

JR.....I'm not sure what brought this on and why we were singled out but there was a better way to handle this situation.....if PCGS feels there is a problem with how many times someone can ttt a post I'm sure they'll address the situation and make adjustments as necessary....

If we've offended anyone with our post I apologize! good night!
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    Gentlemen,

I'll repeat my original request: "Please stop your posting abuses on this board."

If any of you don't get this concept, or don't think it applies to you - it probably does. Think about it...
  • Options
    I do get sick of seeing 4-5 threads started by the same seller all on the first page so maybe instead of waiting days to ttt all of your threads you could do one a day so it doesn't bump so many people down at once. One nice thing i have to say is your not as bad as alot of the people here that just use the B/S/T to give us a link to their e-bay auctions or there websites.
  • Options
    mbbiker,
    thanks for your nice comments.

What YOU just did was post a link to your ebay auctions..or did you not notice that image
    Larry

Let's all get back to why we are here..
    to learn about coins ,and to find the missing coins in our collection.
    That is why I am here,
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    PQpeace (and others)

I offer you the link to this post for your considersation:

A link to this very topic.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as in most things, there's always more gray than black and/or white. what's gray here are the unwritten rules which most members seem to learn after being here a while. i find it hard to believe that a member who regularly uses the BST forum to sell coins is in the dark about self imposed rules aimed at limiting threads and bringing threads to the top. it seems to me that they are borne out of common courtesy and an aim to be fair and not crowd others off the first page.

everyone goes about it differently, but the goal always ends up being about maximum exposure. some members post one coin per thread and multiple threads, some post multiple coins in one thread and TTT.
    i think the real problem arises with multiple threads all pushed to the top at the same time. that's probably what got JR's boxers in a bunch and it isn't just PQpeace and rkfish who are the offenders. it seems to be a BST syndrome------once a day go through the pages and TTT every thread at the same time.

maybe the solution and the truce could be to just space things out. allow someone else space at the top for an hour or so before the next bump. is that workable to avoid a fight?

al h.image

• Options
    PQpeace if you want to go that way then i'll mention the link to your web site in your sig lineimage And you'll also find if you click on my auctions link i don't think you'll find to much right now. (lets just say you should read ALL the rules on e-bay before bidding or selling)
  • Options
    bump for PQpeace and Rkfish
  • Options
    This thread sums up my feelings nicely.

Have a nice day! Or don't! It doesn't matter to me.
  • Options

<< <i>bump for PQpeace and Rkfish >>

jr:

you made your point, and since Larry made a post saying he apologized for bumping a whole bunch of threads at once, what else would you like him to do, cut off an arm and send it to you?

give it a rest.
  • Options
    JR,
    Let this die please..
    I don't know what your problem is,but I hope you get it fixed soon.
    Maybe you need a hobby to take up some of your time.
    I got your point.
    I am sorry... ok.
    I will cut off my arm and send it to you..
    will that make you happy ? or do u want both arms...

POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    I have already given it a rest. I wouldn't be posting now except you guys are making posts to my attention. How about we all play nicely, and try to get along?
  • Options
    Great idea...
    I am sorry if I have abused anyone or anything..
    really.
    I don't have time in my life for things like this.
    Let's all have a great day ,and hope we can be friends in the future,
    Larry
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    this thread keeps shoving my frankie selling thread to the bottom!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options

<< <i>this thread keeps shoving my frankie selling thread to the bottom! >>

smells of a vast right wing conspiracy to me
  • Options

<< <i>I will cut off my arm and send it to you.. will that make you happy ? >>

send it to me. It will make me happy if the hand connected to that arm was holding a 93-S Morgan Dollar. image
  • Options
    THIS WHOLE PLACE SUX .......ALL PEOPLE DO ALL DAY IS BUMP OTHER THREADS
    IVE SEEN SOME PEOPLE ON HERE ALL FREAKEN DAY !!!!!!!!!
    I figured i put me two cents worth in LOL image
    the coin,the whole coin,nuttin but coins image
  • Options
    MYA. image
    Go well.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    what did I do wrong now ? image
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there unwritten rules regarding the courtesy or proxy bump? Is it okay to bump someone else's BST thread just because you like the coins...or if you have a question or comment?
  • Options

<< <i>Are there unwritten rules regarding the courtesy or proxy bump? Is it okay to bump someone else's BST thread just because you like the coins...or if you have a question or comment? >>

It is generally accepted that coins for sale or want ads should be put in one post where possible, two at the most. Following that same logic, it is considered courteous not to bump more than two posts by the same author. To do so, pushes others ads/posts off the first page. These are just guidelines that most follow. Just for info.
  • Options
    ttt
    Go well.