Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCI Eisenhower Dollars, How Would PCGS Grade Them?

moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
I have noticed quite of few PCI MS66 and MS67 clad Ike's selling real cheap on eBay lately. Has anyone bought any PCI Ike dollars and tried to cross them to PCGS? Would it be a waste of time and money?

Charlie

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCI MS66 and MS67 clad Ike's selling real cheap on eBay lately. >>

There's a reason for that. They'd likely grade substantially lower at PCGS and NGC.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have noticed quite of few PCI MS66 and MS67 clad Ike's selling real cheap on eBay lately. Has anyone bought any PCI Ike dollars and tried to cross them to PCGS? Would it be a waste of time and money? Charlie >>

Charlie, my success rate is a two point drop, on average, from PCI to NGC.
    My best "hit" was two MS69 silver Ikes that crossed with PCGS as MS68.

I did have a PCI MS67 1971-S cross straight over into PCGS MS67. It went from $35.00 to $525.00 overnight (well, not "overnight" but as quickly as PCGS turned it over on Economy!)

peacockcoins

• Options
    moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    Braddick, did you look at the coins you crossed to PCGS in person before you bought them or just buy them off eBay with only a picture to use for determining the grade? I have never seen any Ike's in PCI slabs at coin shows. I also noticed someone bought a 1971P PCI MS67 Ike off eBay for over $100 which would seem like quite a gamble if you couldn't see the coin in person.

Charlie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file