Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you See AT certified coins in B&Ms Balt. Auction

Am I seeing things or are there some unbelievable toned coins that are certified as NT. This is out of line. There is no way that these are all naturally toned. Look at the seated halves and quarters, the barber dimes , heck look at the whole catalog. They are getting greedy. Anybody that thinks these coins are all natural is dreaming. Pages 72-76 have to be the best,look at these dimes and you tell me.
The D.O.T.

Comments

• Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Links?

TBT
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Who certified them??
    PCGS,NGC & ANACS certified toned Morgan dollar dealer.
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Album toning... at least I've seen that stuff in all of the top holders, so it is market acceptable...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Looks good to me.
    PCGS,NGC & ANACS certified toned Morgan dollar dealer.
  • Options
    I touched on this earlier. See link below & second post.

The ones that are AT are the raw. I have no problems with the PCGS/NGC slabs

Previous Post
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    D.O.T, can you elaborate on why you feel some coins are AT? Otherwise it's hard to discuss specifics.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is no way that these are all naturally toned >>

As is the case with all discussions of AT and NT you need to DEFINE what you mean by "naturally toned".

jom
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    I would buy either of the coins pictured above with "zero" hesitation. I like them, think they are no problem gems.imageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    you guys are probably right on the coins above I just grabbed 2 coins that caught my attention. maybe DOT can tell us exactly which ones he was talking about
  • Options
    The D.O.T.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Sorry DOT. It looks good to me, but I,m no color expert.
    The tone looks like its flat on the coin which is a good sign really.

I think its reallly old tone and not `just made`.

JMO
  • Options
    HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    They all look fine to me.
  • Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    just because PCGS or NGC says that a coin is NT does not mean that it is. I have seen MANY AT coins in PCGS or NGC holders. I can't tell from the B&M scans, but I would not doubt it if some of the coins are AT. I am with DOT on this one. Sorry.....
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I agree there are some that are very questionable and as ohbaby pointed out most are the raw coins. I am going after toned gold so I hope these are original toning. mike image
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    An interesting thread however it lacks one important thing; that being any suporting evidence of AT.
    I can say that the 93 Barber that the dead astronaut linked in the Heritage Auction looks almost like this Toned Morgan that is toned from a WR board. My scan is a tad dark but you get the idea.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    DOT, if that link is among the best cases you can make for an AT coin being in the sale, I wonder why you even bothered to start this thread. I think your argument is extremely weak and that the linked coin looks perfectly fine/original.
  • Options
    Like dog said they have that RW album look to them.

imageimage
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    ttt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file