Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Big Thank You to Northeast Numismatics!!!

1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
I just received a February 1943 issue of The Numismatist, from NEN's recent giveaway. This magazine is not only in excellent original condition, it is also chock full of fascinating news, information, and ads. I can't say enough positive things about Chris (at NEN) and Northeast Numismatics for sending me this fine magazine, so quickly, all the way to Eastern Europe where I live.

Thank you again!!!

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    I received an October 1954 issue from him. Fascinating to see all the prices of coins in the ads! $19.50 for a 1909-S VDB in B.U., $325 for an 1856 Flying Eagle!! If I had only known...
  • Options
    ino i got a 1943 edition as well.it was very interesting to see the prices for thousand dollar coins back then
  • Options
    I want to join in on the praise of NEN and Chris in particular. He sent me the Numismatist from my birth month and my wife's also and didn't even ask for postage costs. IMHO NEN is a class act and I wouldn't hesitate to do buisness with them. imageimage

• Options
    imagefrom me too...got my Dec '59 issue yesterday. Reading the ads and price lists for Morgans, made me want to cry.....
  • Options
    Yeah, if only I'd had the money to invest in coins back then when prices were unbelievably low!!!image

Reality check!!! My mom was only 3 years old at that time.image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Chris from NEN gets imageimage from me too. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    Got the August, 1950 isssue a couple of days ago! Thanks Chris! Still had the sign up sheet inside!

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    Mine also has a yellow, xeroxed sign up sheet inside, but I can't tell when it's from. It's signed by a certain Thomas Caldwell, LM-1318. It also has two numbers at the bottom, and one is a fax number and one is a toll-free number, so I suspect the sign-up sheet is only about 15 years old or so.

Thanks again; this is a wonderful addition to my small numismatic library.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    thanks to chris i second this

ialso got a nice surprise in the mail

thanks chris at ne numis
  • Options
    I've already pm'ed Chris with thanks, but I'll join in as well. The August 1956 prices are obscene! I never should have looked at those prices...image
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris is terrific to deal with. Always puts the customer first. Ok, Chris...now how about MY freebie!image

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    ttt
    .....GOD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file