Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Well....the graders liked them too.

DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
Had a few invoices hanging, and got some NGC results today. Hopefully I'll have some PCGS results in a few days too if all goes well. The 65 coins were all in one very PQ SMS set, and the 66 Jeff was a holdover from another set. The Lincoln is obverse cam, but otherwise pretty average. The sweet one is the Washington. image

001 1965 SMS 1C MS 64* RD
002 1965 SMS 5C MS 67 CAMEO
003 1965 SMS 25C MS 67 CAMEO
004 1965 SMS 50C MS 67 CAMEO
005 1966 SMS 5C MS 67 CAMEO

Not perfect, just beautiful. Pics when they get home. I was sure hoping for one of those new 5-coin holders, but the Lincoln just doesn't fit and I didn't submit the Roosie. image
Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

Comments

• Options
    mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    Love those Cameo SMS's! Great job! Any idea how many SMS mint sets you search through, on average, before finding a decent batch to qualify as cameo?

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Nice eye there DHeath. That must have been one heck of a Special Mint Set! Congrats!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>003 1965 SMS 25C MS 67 CAMEO >>

Don,

You forgot to mention that you blew the grade on that one by two points. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    LOL....Russ, I deducted for the struck-thru, and I'm usually pretty harsh on my own stuff.image

Mojo, lots and lots for several years. It isn't really unusual to find a set with one coin with contrast, but three MS67 cams and a * in a 1965 set whose coins were single-struck and dumped in a coin hopper before packaging is just blind luck. I've found nicer singles, but that is the second nicest "set" I've ever seen. The nicest one I've found was in my submission stolen from the Newport Beach post office several years ago. I'm still looking for a better one.image
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Nice submission. I got my grades from NGC today as well, and picked up my first star, an 1885-O MS64*. Apparently they are tough handing out the stars on Morgans, it took me over 230 coins to come up with my first.
  • Options
    Congrats on the results! Should have mine tomorrow. image
    PCGS,NGC & ANACS certified toned Morgan dollar dealer.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice submission. I got my grades from NGC today as well, and picked up my first star, an 1885-O MS64*. Apparently they are tough handing out the stars on Morgans, it took me over 230 coins to come up with my first. >>

Damm Eric
    Post a Pic
  • Options

<< <i>Damm Eric Post a Pic >>

I will as soon as I get them back. They shipped them yesterday, so probably won't be here until Friday.
  • Options
    Eric, was one side PL?
  • Options
    No, the obverse was 100% toned in lime, orange and yellow, and the reverse has a nice crescent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file