Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1982(d) Kennedy in PCGS-MS68? I Need One :)

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just learned from a collector that PCGS slabbed (4) 1982(d) Kennedy half dollars in PCGS-MS68 in one batch. I need one for my #2 MS Kennedy set. Help me catch Richard Green (yeah - I must have had a 3 martini lunch to be talking like that image ) and PM me with a proposal for one or all of the (4) coins. image

Interesting that PCGS could slab (4) MS68's in a day of that very tough coin - someone found a handful of monster coins image

Wondercoin
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    Second in the line....

Mitch,
    Someone change the glasses there...

Edson
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    I'll take one of the less expensive coins in MS67. These should be cheaper now that the pops. went up on the higher grade image
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list also. Anyone in the mood for a chacha? Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    misterRmisterR Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    Here is one on Ebay someone might be interested in: 1982-D Kennedy PCGS MS67image
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I was speaking of Richard Green's masterful silver Wash quarter collection on a recent thread on this board, it reminded me to check out his latest pursuit (MS Kennedy half dollars) to see how that set was coming along (I still have the #2 MS Kennedy variety set incidently, although they are closing in on me). And, I noticed RG was unable to buy an 82(d) half in MS68 (POP 7). How strange - with RG's contacts, he should have nailed that one down by now and had a couple dups to dish out to his friends. AND, THEN IT STRUCK ME...

Those MS68 1982(D) Kennedy Half Dollars (especially the handful that recently appeared on the pop report as all being made in one day) may very well simply be 1982(D) GW Half Dollar Commems that were entered with the wrong number. Yep - that is probably the case and sort of a "bummer" the pops may be messed up as a result of this (I remember I had RICK M. clean up the 86(d) MS69 as an obvious St/Lib half Dollar).

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.