Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Say, anybody seen my razor?

Thought I would share this before I go out and have Abe's beard trimmed again this month. Enjoy

Comments

• Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    PCGS MS64RB? image

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options

Grizzily looking berad!

Nice color too!!

Larry
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a 69RD to me.
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    I don't think it's Mr. Blay's 1919 MS69 RD. It looks like a very nice coin, though.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Nice looking!

A 66RD, maybe 67RD, if the reverse is as nice... per the image I see on my monitor anyway.

And yes, the beard needs a touch up. image
    Dan
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful, looks like it could have come from Stewart's motherload roll. Don't let them shave any of that peach fuzz off the fields!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin looks much better in person. Give me another 30 chances and I'll catch "the look" correctly......image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    That the nicest Lincoln cent I've ever seen!!! image
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    I had a feeling that was a Lakesammman pic image

When will we see more?
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    lincolnSence, what's the scoop? Do we get to know the grade? Come on! You're killing us!

Lakesammman,

My comments about the image weren't meant to be negative. It's the monitor I have at work. It doesn't capture the colors right.
    Dan
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a superb coin you have here. I purchased a 1919 a few years back because of the strong strike they usually have. Although, it does not compare to this example. There is an very interesting article in the Jan 98 issue of Numismatist called Assembling an Ideal 20th Century Type Set. Mr. David W. Lange indicates the best date for the 1918-1958 type is the 1918. The hubs had been altered to added the very small VDB to the obverse. Therefore , they were fresh dies. As you know, the 1918 is very expensive, so he suggested the 1919 as a great alternative. It appear this example is from one of those fresh dies! Must be a very early 1919. It is sad that Abe's detail have diminished in the past 84 years to what we see today.. ric
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. Its a 68 red PCGS. I was so excited to post it today. All the photography kudos go to Lakesammman, who was nice enough to invite a "fello" collector to his beautiful home. I don't know how much better of a shot he can produce but given the opportunity to work with him again I would rush to go back! (hint hint LSM).

I suggest everybody on the boards go back to that post that details out where everybody lives in the US and call and make a new friend.

I also took some other shots that I hope to post shortly as well.
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LS,

If you do not like the way the beard looks on the 1919, I have a nice 2000 MS68Red with a lovely trimmed beard if you care to trade. Let me know and I will pay the shipping... ric
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004