Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mercury dime prices

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
It seems that almost every mercury dime I need for my set just went up. What is this world comming to?

DSime donations will be accepted
send to:
Teh needy dime collector
PO BOX 17091
Pittsburgh, PA 15235

God will reward you because I'm brokeimage

See you all at the ANA I will be on the park bench after darkimage
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    Just look at the current bids in the heritage auction for the mercs
    the prices appear to be strong
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat:

I'd be glad to send you $$$, but unfortunately I have all my $$$ tied up in Merc dime bids at Heritage. Sorry about this...image

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Looks like it is time for me to sell! Yea Right....lol
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been over night in baltimore so i guess I will have to look for some nice bench at the local park.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image...image....image........we did not get done with our sets before the prices started up. Damn that Stock Market. image

Ken
  • Options
    Prices are so strong I have to lower my expetations on some dates.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrimage
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too admit - most of the examples I'm after are over my original bids/max - I may need to rethink strategy - IMHO good mercs are quite strong.

Marc
  • Options
    I've saved $15,000 on getting outbid.image,image
    Merc collector.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat,

I know what you mean. The only ones I need that did not increase in the latest Greysheet are the '16-D, '19-D, and '25-D, and the '16-D was up last week. The Greysheet has mentioned for several months that prices for the early Mercs have been "strong" or "firm", so it was just a matter of time before it was reflected in higher bids. Most of the increases this week are relatively small, but it could signal the beginning of further increases. It's like any other investment - you love to see an increase in the value of items you already ownimage, but hate to see higher prices for what you hope to obtain in the futureimage.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    the prices seem to increase by the hour at the heritage site
    you guys need to stop running all the prices up, how can I buy anything
    if I keep getting outbidimage
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mercateers!

Well, I noticed a while back that several of the dates I need were routinely going for over grey sheet ask, and some even more than the CU price guide. I also have had to back off and accept lower grades than I would like, because I can't afford what I want! I'm starting to think I can live with AU 55-58 on some of the tough dates, at least for the time being. I figure this as a ten year project, and hope to be continually upgrading until I reach my mission statement of 63FB or better on the 16-31 dimes. With the exception of the 45-P, I have already reached my mission statement on the 34-45 dimes, and have actually bumped many of them them up a notch or two. If PCGS decides to make a 34-45 short set, mine should fare pretty well.

I have already been outbid on one of the Stokley dimes I wanted, but I'm hanging good on the otherone so far.

Received the Baltimore ANA catalog a couple of days ago, there are some darned nice dimes there also! Why do these things have to happen so close together? My birthday is the 30th of this month if anyone wants to buy me a dime for my set.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com