Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Frank C., Bill W., Ray O. - Almost Ready?

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am in the process of selecting the final coins for the brand new "Just Having Fun" Silver War nickel Registry collection (the set will be open either later today or tomorrow) . The set will be a "perfect" PCGS set with each coin in the collection represented not only by a finest known graded coin, but a coin of exceptional quality.

Shortly after the ANA show, Just Having Fun will also register his 1938-1964 Jeff set, as well as the 1965-date Jeff set. The quality of those sets is wonderful as well.

Frank, Bill, Ray - early next year sound like a good time to consider exhibiting the Jeffs for the collecting public to enjoy? If so, we can present something to BJ and see if she can also address any concerns we might have with such an exhibit image

Wondercoin
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    I eagerly look forward to seeing these Jeffersons!! It was great at the top while it lasted. It will just give more incentive to look for upgrades!! image

My preference for showing the coins has always been the FUN show. If you get the top sets there I will be there. I would also like to see Bill's, Nevadaman's and Ray's Jefferson sets.

Frank
    (The Corso Collection) Always looking for high quality proof and full step Jeffersons - email me with details

My Jefferson Full Step Variety Set (1938 - Current)

My Jefferson Proof Variety Set (1938 - Current)
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Mitch, is this your set or are you registering it for another? Really confusing when reading the notes to the set (unless, of course, you like to thank yourself for finding the coins).
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Dbldie55: The set belongs to a customer of mine, who asked me to register it for him. Of course, his other set (SLQ's) was recently registered by Tonelover (RCNH) from our boards.

Brian - you never asked Tonelover if he was thanking himself image

Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I knew the SLQ's were a customers from the thread that announced the set. I guess I didn't make the name connection between the two sets. I am no longer confused, and the description makes sense.
  • Options
    dbldie55 - I am trying to "get you a date" for the 7/31 birthday bash. Want to take one guess who that person might be (he is not a forum member best I know). image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    you guys get your sets out and ill be there drooling wherever you decide to display them. I just threw my hat in the jefferson arena last year with one of Franks leftovers and its growing, but slow.

You guys on the other hand are extremely impressive. Ill pay any amount and take what ever time ness to see em.

Frank I have the one your missing in variety, but an xf40 would crash the sats of the finest 38-present circ variety set.

54 s/d is nice mitchell...but ill need an upgrade soon image

maybe somedayimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    rayovacrayovac Posts: 192 ✭✭
    Would be happy to display my set(s). Doesn't much matter where as it is likely no one would be interested in coming to one of the Chicago shows.

Ray
    CS 65-Present FS Jefferson nickel set at myurl
    RayOverby
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd try to get to any show to see them. My travel is usually pretty limited though.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some top Jefferson sets. I'll be waiting to find out when and where.image
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options

<< <i>dbldie55 - I am trying to "get you a date" for the 7/31 birthday bash. Want to take one guess who that person might be (he is not a forum member best I know). image

Wondercoin >>

Being in Baltimore, and me being a Liberty Nickel collector, I would guess David O'Brien.
  • Options
    dbldie55: Right on the money! image Hopefully, he can join the party! image

Wondercoin

• Options
    The set has now been posted. Congratulations again JHF! image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow Mitch!! A perfect set. I can't wait to see the "JHF" 38 to 64 complete Jeff set, Another #1 set no doubt.

Onlyroosies image
  • Options
    I'm impressed. I always thought Frank was unbeatable. There's hope for me yet.image
    Bill

My Other Hobby
  • Options

Mitch and I are trying to get the 1938-64 set ready for display, but it's a hellacious job that eats up my time and kills my eyes. You have several factors running together: the condition and the steps. The condition is always ambiguous and the steps are worse because the steps are a magnet for nicks. So I go crazy trying to select between 5.5 steps and a small nick or 5 steps, etc. And then there's the merger under the second and third pillars to drive me batty.

But it's probably a good time to nail down a good collection of Jeffs. I suspect prices will rise somewhat once the reverse is changed. If I remember correctly, the wheat pennies moved up after the Lincoln Memorial replaced the wheaties on the reverse. And the State Quarters sure gave the Washington quarters a nice boost.

Best wishes,

Just having fun.

Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    thanks sybil

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill