Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT: Since most members here also love Scifi. You must see this link. Scifi channel is remaking Ba

WOW!!!
Something to look forward to!

Sci Fi Channel Battlestar Galactica link

Brian

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SciFi is terrible... I guess I'm not one of the "most" club image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Jeremy:
    May the force be with you!image

Brian.
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Eat Salsa and Prosper!image
  • Options
    FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    remember the Cylons with that dumb red light that used to go back and forth across their eyes and they would say "By your command"image
  • Options
    I loved Battlestar Galactica. The opening scene with the blue plasma swirling around was trippy all by itself.
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Trip out man!! Peace!

Brian.
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blatter-Star Elax-tica!

May the Falder Carb be with you every Centon. lol

jom
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    I loved Battlestar Galactica. But then I was just a kid.

I'll probably check out the series to see how it is though.

-KHayse
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Cool! What about that other sci-fi show I used to watch Space 1999? mike image
  • Options
    I still have my Cylon Raider image
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am with Jeremy on SciFi. I do love Star Wars, not sure I ever watched an episode of Battlestar Galactica though. Didn't that star Ben Cartwright?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options

<< <i>Didn't that star Ben Cartwright? >>

Yeah, and Hop Sing was the Cylon cook! LOL

jom
  • Options
    Two very different groups of futuristic SciFi. One group promotes a bright future, while the other promotes a bleak and depressing future. The first group tends to be popular amongst viewers, while the second group does not. Battlestar Galactica was actually pretty popular although it was in the second group. The biggest problem with Battlestar Galactica was the financing behind the show always limited it. From the clips I have seen, it appears this new series may be well financed. Without good financing you get poor scripts and even worse... really bad special effects...

For those who don't remember, there were 12 planets of humans that united against the Cylon empire. They were tricked by the Cylons into attending a Peace summit in which all but one Battlestar (that attended the Peace summit) was destroyed by a huge armada of fighters. The humans were betrayed by one of their own.

Meanwhile, the Cylon motherships went to the individual 12 planets (who were not protected because the Battlestars were at the Peace summit) and conquered the 12 planets.

So, the Battlestar Galactica pulled together this rag tag fugitive fleet and took off across the galaxy in search of the lost 13th colony... Earth.

Numonebuyer

P.S. If I got any of this wrong, just correct me. Pretty good I think (pulled from memory).
  • Options
    Hopefulyy they will not remake Galatica 80. It was realy bad. Does anyone know if Richad Hatch is involved with this project? CHRIS
  • Options
    wasn't the betrayer proven to actually be an advanced form of Cylon in the last episode?
  • Options

<< <i>Hopefulyy they will not remake Galatica 80. It was realy bad. Does anyone know if Richad Hatch is involved with this project? >>

From what I read, no. They tried to get a few of the old cast members to participate in cameos but nothing worked out. Many of the fans wanted that guy who played one of the pilots (Hatch's buddy) who later played in the A-Team (for his name) but that didn't work out either. Also, from what I read, the part that guy played is now being played by a female. In fact, one of the other male roles (another pilot) is now female too. So I guess they made some changes.

Hell, I just wish they could bring back Jayne Seymore back.... image

jom
  • Options
    Heaven knows how old Starbuck is now and Commander Adama is now dead and in the grave..... so if you want cameos from original cast members it is going to be a trick.
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • Options
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Watched every episode, and loved Babylon 5. Can't wait, hope it is quality.
  • Options
    Mormons rejoice!image

BC
    Dip Happens...image
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

Hope they got come babes on there!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file