Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Will you get a better grade on a walkthrough?

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
Especially on any proof/MS that could go 70? Think about it... the grader can't look for 5 seconds and make a decision... he'd have to point out where the flaw is this time...

Also, can you kind of prod a grader by mentioning one characteristic that might help boost the grade?

Jeremy
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only done the $100.00 walk-through four times and each and every time the Graders showed NO love.

Maybe taking them out to dinner and having them grade under candlelight?

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>I've only done the $100.00 walk-through four times and each and every time the Graders showed NO love.

Maybe taking them out to dinner and having them grade under candlelight? >>

How many points were you trying to talk them down?
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I think you will get PR70DCAMs if you send in a 1000 bulk submission! Did you know on moderns if the makes the 60% slabbed it's $8 per coin, if you get a PR70 it's $15 to have that one slabbed! Go figure.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options

<< <i>I think you will get PR70DCAMs if you send in a 1000 bulk submission! Did you know on moderns if the makes the 60% slabbed it's $8 per coin, if you get a PR70 it's $15 to have that one slabbed! Go figure. >>

Huh? image
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    no ................

you get the best chance of a better grade at the coin show one day grading where pcgs is set up

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    What Michael said, Plus submit on dealer day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file