Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How much i would get for this..Morgan $..?

How much i would get for a Morgan Dollar,1893-S,in MS-60??

Mihai

Comments

• Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Depends - is it graded? If so by whom?
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Post pictures, please.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Greysheet bid is $40,000.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    coin world trends is 50000$
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    but it isn't worth doodlysquat if it's counterfit
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A PCGS-61 just sold for $69,000 (or was it $67,000?) at the last Heritage Long Beach auction... more proof that Grey Sheet continues to be meaningless for this date.

My guess is a PCGS-60 coin that had some lustre and eye appeal would be $50,000.

-- Dennis
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    This is the second 1893-S to pop up here in the last week. Must be a lot of good luck floating around this forum.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Johnny's 93-S image
  • Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    Mihai posts here every once in awhile with some coins for sale. Remember his counterfeit pine tree shilling several months ago? I still have not been able to figure this guy out. I heard that he lives in Romania or somewhere close to there.

Mihai, what's your story??
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    My wife worked in Romania years ago and to my knowledge she did not find a single uncirculated 1893-S dollar in the entire time she was there.

She lived with a family named the Mullnars (I would put an umlaut over the u in Mullnar just for the he11 of it if I knew how) who filled the water dispenser in their refridgerator door with red wine they made themselves in their bathtub. I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought - what was your question again?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file