Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An unusually pretty Washington for you often bashed "Modernistas"

I went by the coinshop today and decided to rummage through the junk bin and found this quarter in it's bowels. The strike is awesome as you would expect, but the coin has mellowed quite nicely as you can see - and the fields, particularly on the reverse have picked up a mild blue hue mixed in with the light gold toning. I usually don't pick these up, but I thought it was unusual enough to rescue image

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The coin sucks, (it's a modern), but damn that is a GREAT image! image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    From one modernista to another. " Long live the people's revolution"
    Great coin!

Brian
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Frank, shame on you for confusing the hobby newcomers. You owe it to the hobby to explain to them that these are ugly coins that will never be appreciated, and immediately return it to the junk bin before anyone sees it and blackballs you.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Modernistas can still find raw coins with little worry of the coin being body baged.Modernistas can go to the bank or mint and fill in almost all their needs.The Bashers wish they could do the same.
  • Options
    Nice pickins' there Frank. Too ugly for your collection, you might as well send it too me! image
    I like all toned quarters, even proofs.

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    Me likes!! Wow!!image
  • Options
    Nice coin Frank!!! image
    PCGS,NGC & ANACS certified toned Morgan dollar dealer.
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140

<< <i>You owe it to the hobby to explain to them that these are ugly coins that will never be appreciated, and immediately return it to the junk bin before anyone sees it and blackballs you. image >>

I know - I'm so ashamed - but you know - come to think of it - it's all Marty's fault! image Yeah - that's the ticket!

Anyway, it just goes to show you that beautiful coins can be found in Moderns and Classics alike. image
  • Options
    thats a nice coin frank
  • Options
    RBB617RBB617 Posts: 497 ✭✭
    That is a great modern find in a junk box. Amazing that all of the over circulated wheat cents and rusted subway tokens didn't rub off on it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file