Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Blocked what did I do????????????

I have been blocked from bidding!!!!!!
I have never been blocked before.
I have never given bad feedback either.

I have never bought anything from this seller on Ebay and he/she has blocked me.

About a week ago I noticed that the seller used the same scan for all of their coins
And I ask for the real scan of a coin. I also told them that a real scan would be better all-round.
Now I’m blocked. O well saved some money and probably a headache.

Glen
Blocked
I don't buy slabs I make them

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you really want that coin? I hope you aren't buying the plastic... the coin's not rare, and I'll be it wouldn't grade accurately at more than a 66.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    Jeremy is correct about that coin and it's "slab".

Regarding being blocked, I am just amazed at how arrogant some sellers are. Geez.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be thankful he blocked you.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    Jeremy
    You know I only buy coins not slabs
    I like the back (lower band)
    BTW how was grading class give me some tips lol

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    You took up too much of their time - got any idea how long it takes to have 1500 items listed at 1 time?

You guys got that SGS slab all wrong -> SGS MS70 is the name of the company, they just tell you what the denomination, year and mintmark are for the numismatically challengedimage
  • Options
    I am blocked today because I voiced my opinion, but still paid thier price for the shipping.....now I have tried to buy from them several times, with no luck, even called, and they even left me positive feedback, and by the way, they are on here from time to time.
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Man, I was just going through this toad Abon's feedback. If a buyer negs or neutrals them, they are guaranteed a retaliatory. They've done it on every one I've checked so far. This buyer nailed it right:

<< <i>abon@richnet.net( 34277) Jul-11-03 12:19:59 PDT 2734240236 B
    Complaint : Slow on email and fast on NEGATIVES! "SMILES"
    Response by wcrum - Spend more time getting orders right and less time worrying about feedback. >>

Be glad you got blocked. No way in hell this slimeball deserves your business.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    You are right, that is one seller to avoid. He gets negs from folks who bid, but the seller does not have the item to deliver. Then the seller negs the bidder for having no mercyimage

I wrote him and asked him to block me.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    What the hell is "Star Grading Services"? Is that some new start-up, or some strange fossil from the late 80's???
    Are you telling me you can't trust a MS70 grade from SGS?? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    1,500 items up for bid and a 34,000 rating. Ebay must love these guys.

Nevermind they are selling no name slabs which come with a dubious "COA". They are a pox on the coin business.

Any knowledgeable collector bidding on their crap deserves what they get. Sorry, but patronizing such dealers keeps them in business along with their slabbers.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send seller an email thanking him for the block and saving you a BIG headache.

Kill the SOB with kindness.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What the hell is "Star Grading Services"? >>

Myqqy,

I sent the seller a polite eMail asking that question. It'll be interesting to see if they even respond.

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    RBB617RBB617 Posts: 497 ✭✭
    Jeremy hit the nail on the head with the grade, I believe. Just from the look, I'd say 66, which means PCGS would give it a 64/65. This seller loves his SGS though. A buddy of mine bought a couple of things from him, and the transaction was not good or bad, it was just a transaction. The problem he had was the quality of the product.
    Brian
  • Options

<< <i>
    BTW how was grading class give me some tips lol >>

I didn't take a grading course- I studied coins of the revolutionary era image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

<< <i>Jeremy
    You know I only buy coins not slabs
    I like the back (lower band)
    >>

What is so special about it? Neither band is split, plus it's probably a stock image, as you pointed out... that means it's the BEST one he has... you coin would probably be of lower quality.
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    Who cares about the coin, the slab has a real nice handle bar mustache.

WH
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    He/she doesn't want your business. Be wise and move on. You will be happier and so will the seller.

• Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Melikecoins: you aska too many question. We donta like ah you question.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Interesting, and one of the worst sleazebag sellers I have seen recently. Not only does he return negatives for getting neutrals, but he is minus 20,000 in feedback, in other words, 20,000 people who have left feedback for him haven't had it returned. Seems they have no problem immediately returning a retaliatory negative.

The bottom line here is you showed you had a little numismatic smarts by asking for an image of the actual coin, and that is the type of buyer a sleazebag like this can't deal with, so you got blocked. I had a seller do the same thing to me a couple of weeks ago when I asked what his return policy was.
  • Options
    I too, emailed him, ask him to put me on his no bid list....I hope all do it, I dont really think he will get the message, but I feel better....that one is for Glen.
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    Well, I'd NEVER trust anyone with a name like Abon. Second, if you go back through his feedback, you pick up at least one disturbing pattern. It seems he starts all or most of his many, many auctions at 99 cents with no reserve. Probably because he is cheap. But note, when an item sells too cheap, all of a sudden its out of stock. He has a lot of negs and neutrals about the item was not in stock. One that stands out is this hideous Crayola Lamp that sold several times for under $10 and each time, whoops, out of stock, sorry. Same with the ugly lighthouse staircase stand. Turns me off, for sure.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    If that is what he is doing, the bidders are dropping the ball. If he gets enough formal complaints under the non-performing seller part of eBay's rules, they would boot him.
  • Options
    Well you heard everything but the answer to your question.... which is create another ebay ID under a different email address, or get a friend to bid!

• Options
    I see the ser.# is 55ssilver I guess that is for the 1955s silver rosey

My ? is this
    what will be the ser.# if they grade other 1955s silver rosey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file