Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Target-Toned Rainbow Colors...but on a Peace dollar? YES!!!

Tremendous bag marks but still one of my favorite rainbows!

Peace Rainbow Photo #1

Peace Rainbow Photo #2

Thanks for looking,

Doug
Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You

Comments

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Doug, looked like a very nice Lincoln rainbow you bought tonight too. Good job. Half of the forum was on the bidder list.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Nice toning. image
  • Options
    Niiiiiccccceeeee, too bad about the hits though. What's it graded MS60/62?

Did you pick it up off Ebay? I missed that one. I still haven't gotten the toned Peace $ I got from you graded yet, so the whole AT vs. NT topic hasn't been decided.

I've got the two you have for sale on my watch list. Is this one going up for sale as well?

Michael
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭

<< <i>Niiiiiccccceeeee, too bad about the hits though. What's it graded MS60/62?

Did you pick it up off Ebay? I missed that one. I still haven't gotten the toned Peace $ I got from you graded yet, so the whole AT vs. NT topic hasn't been decided.

I've got the two you have for sale on my watch list. Is this one going up for sale as well?

Michael >>

Thanks Michael,

Yes, I won this one about six months or so ago on eBay. $110 or so raw. I sent it to NGC and they gave it a 62. I was REALLY happy about that, versus a 58 they could have given it due to the excessive marks. I will be keeping this one for my Rainbow type collection I am building. I wish the big two could do some kind of rainbow registry set, that would be fun.

Remember on that toner you bought from me that you have a 200% money back guarantee, including all shipping and grading fees. I love that coin and you got a whopper of a deal on it! image

Thanks,

Doug
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    As for the 1923 I bought, I'll probably submit it to NGC @ Long Beach in September.

I'll let you know how it comes back. By the way that last time it was a 300% guaranty. image

No wear -- no AU, it think its a MS62, it is a common date. Again nice coin.

Michael
  • Options
    200%...300%...at the price you got it for, it really doesn't matter! image

See ya,

Doug
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    despite the common date & low technical grade, that's an unusually nice peace. congrats!

K S
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I hate to be the one to be the bad mouth here, (sorry) beatup, common date, rim rot, peacedollar

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I like that dollar - nice one

MacCoin - if you ever end up with rimrot stuff like that, I will buy it from you at 300% silver bullion valueimage
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    my 99 proof set started to get rimrot like that. being the nice guy my dealer is he took it back and gave me another mirror like set. to me these color coin make a very pretty wind charm but it is hard to drill the little holes in them image

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I've been lucky enough to see this coin in hand. It is beautiful, and the hits are not nearly as prominent as they appear in a 600 pixel wide image. I don't really even like Peace dollars all that much, but I wouldn't mind owning that one.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments all.

(MacCoin - that gouge on the cheek bone would be a good starting point for your drill hole for the wind chime!) image

Doug
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    image This one has been in a 8 x 11 framed "Silver Series Set" since the 60's. Too bad it belongs to my wife and is her favorite. I believe it would grade rather nicely.
  • Options
  • Options
    Enough contact marks to keep the grade (and price) low, but....it's fabulous !!

A great find !!

Steve image
  • Options
    Uofa, do you have a scan of the reverse ??

Steveimage
  • Options

<< <i>Uofa, do you have a scan of the reverse ??

Steveimage >>

Here you go Steve. Thanks for the comments all!

Peace Rainbow REVERSE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file