Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gerald Ford Coins?

I saw mention of "the Gerald Ford coins" in another thread.

Could someone who is up on this give me the one or two line version on this?

thanks
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."

Comments

• Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw mention of "the Gerald Ford coins" in another thread.

Could someone who is up on this give me the one or two line version on this? >>

Ford had the luck to be president during the bicentennial. PCGS encapsulated a number of bicentennial coins with Ford's signature. If any other grading service did this, the people of this forum would be up in arms about it, but since PCGS did it, it's OK.
  • Options
    Saw a Brian Williams interview with President Ford. For a man of age 90, he looked and sounded
    terrific.

Steve
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I was up in arms about him being the president. to me he was just another one of Tricky Dicks crooks

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    Gerald Ford was a good man in a bad spot. He was brought in to bring respectibility to an administration that was fumbling the public opinion ball. He is highly regarded among everyone who knew him as a man of integrity who built a stellar record in the Senate.

There are worse people who could have been President, and were - like Jimmy Carter, who was the receipient of the anti-Nixon vote and became President sending the country into the toilet faster than Grey Davis has killed California. Or Bill Clinton - someone with no honor, diginity or ethics.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    I have a 1986 (First Year issue) Proof 69 PCGS $50 Gold American Eagle that is beautiful. It is signed by Gerald Ford and I have a great deal of respect for him.

Dan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file