Home U.S. Coin Forum

Help a brotha out! A coin brotha that is...

With my beginning business in the coin world, I thought that the best people to ask questions to would be my potential buyers. I plan on having a big coin biz thru eBay. I just need your feedback on these auctions. Click here . Let me know what ur opinion is of my photography, layout, information given, etc. This is also a selfish attempt to get people to look at my poor, underviewed auctions. Anyways...... let me know what you think.
My eBay Auctions of US Type Coinage

PM me if you have any MS63 or higher large cents and half cents. I'm also looking for a PR64RB Two cent piece, a PR64/PR63 3CS, and an 1859 Indian cent in MS62/63.

Comments

• LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    Phooey, NO FRANKIES!!!!! image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just some constructive criticism. The general layout is very nice.

Pictures- some are cut off, some are rotated heavily (the 1852 3cs reverse is backwards)- I see that this is because you were being hasty. I recommend a good scanner, or much better yet, a digital camera with a good macro for photography- it will be great in the long run.
    You can also trim away the black and grey areas- they just make the file larger.

Shipping/Handling- Instead of guessing, have a set price, say $3. Then say that insurance will be included at "these" rates- if it's mandatory, say so and then say why you feel it must be mandatory... this way, buyers know exactly what they are paying, and are not left to guess.

I do like the layout- it's pleasing.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • On the 3 cent silver the text on the right margin of the description is cut off, at least as it appears on my monitor. You may want to name the shipping method, i.e. FedEx, UPS, USPS priority, etc. or give the estimated time to arrival. Otherwise, nice auctions. I've added a couple to my watch list, but probably can't afford it this week. Good luck.
    Looking for info on MN national banknotes from New Ulm, Sleepy Eye, Mankato, Hanska, and Lake Crystal. Also Two Harbors, Duluth, Brainerd, and Ely.
  • I see you did list USPS on the shipping info on the bottom of the page, sorry. You may want to list it where you mention the shipping charge. And I agree, the overall layout is pretty good.
    Looking for info on MN national banknotes from New Ulm, Sleepy Eye, Mankato, Hanska, and Lake Crystal. Also Two Harbors, Duluth, Brainerd, and Ely.
  • Thanks Wil, I made it more clear that I will be using USPS on all of my auctions.

PM me if you have any MS63 or higher large cents and half cents. I'm also looking for a PR64RB Two cent piece, a PR64/PR63 3CS, and an 1859 Indian cent in MS62/63.
  • Center your pictures, color balance them (Obverse and Reverse) and assure the same Magnification for both sides (aside from the backward AU 3CS). On older AU material (pre-1892), it might be worth Economy Service slabbing them. It makes them much easier to sell and cuts the "this coin is really an XF" low-ball comeback.

• << <i>This is also a selfish attempt to get people to look at my poor, underviewed auctions. >>

Wouldn't this thread be better represented in the BST forum?
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm by no means an expert of Ebay; but I'd be careful listing grades of coins. Some buyers may hold you accountable if they don't get that MS69...Just a thought...
  • Well.... my question was directed more towards the setup of my auction, not a direct pleading for people to buy it. But maybe you're right. I'll put all things like this I am going to post in the future in the BST

• lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    If you have a return policy, you might as well state that, it will spare you from questions later.
    I brake for ear bars.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file