Home U.S. Coin Forum

3 Non-Paying Bids on eBay and you're out - UNLESS you're a Power Seller

Comments

• K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    That's not quite the case- it must be from three unique users. And judging from this guy responses, looks like he plans on paying.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One neg is for not paying within ten days, maybe eleven. That's pretty rough. Let's say the guy gets a check off within a week, give it five days to get there. A neg?

He doesn't deserve the boot.

peacockcoins

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Also the feedbacks say non-payng bidder, but did he file NPB's with eBay? Those are the only ones that count.
  • Well, I don't know about him being a NPB but this guy is a buying FREAK!! He is throwing out some really heavy cash and not just sporadically. I think he has pockets in his pockets. L.O.A.D.E.D!!!!!!!

Sometimes a seller needs to do a little research before posting a neg. In looking at Lunatik7's history, I would tend to be pretty forgiving about waiting 10-15 days for payment. Sometimes things happen.
    "DragonAzz doesn't strike me as a nutcase." clw54 06/18/06

The good thing about having multiple personalities is that there's always a designated driver.

Yes, I'm an agent of Satan but my duties are largely ceremonial.
  • give the guy a break!! apparently he plans on paying and was out of town. mistakes happen on ebay.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • I agree with tgilliams. I'd be mmore likely to avoid the impatient sellers than the buyer.

Pete
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    Give him a break?
    You guys don't think it's just a LITTLE irresponsible to bid on $1,000 worth of auctions then go on vacation the same day and stay gone for several weeks?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • The guy is a stiff. Read the auctions in his feedback. Some closed and were paid for while he claimed to be on vacation and let other sellers stew. A void a future hassle and put that deadbeat on your blocked bidder list today.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Looks like he was gone on vacation for two weeks; pretty much standard vacation time. I think these sellers jumped the gun with all the negs. Even on obvious non payers, I give them at least a month to come up with some kind of explanation before I neg them.

OTOH, he probably should have dropped a quick eMail to his sellers to let them know he'd be gone for a while and to assure them that payment would be forthcoming when he returned.

Russ, NCNE
  • I just sold 2 rolls to that buyer. His emailed bounced due to a full email box. I called his number and got his assistant. The assistant said he was on vacation (typical for this time of year) and to resend on Monday (when he would take care of his email). The buyer is probably a busy businessman, and is a little slow on paying. No reason to get bent out of shape. It's worse to get a seller that is too busy to give the proper attention to his customers.
    My website: WWW.telecoin.bizland.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file