Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    I think his dad liked a well polished Indian cent image
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Check out his morgans for auction.....pretty coolimage
  • Options
    Actually, there are a few DMPL's Indian Cents out there. For instance, Amer. Numismatic Rarities has a PF66UCAM listed as Lot #571 listed in their Classics Sale..
  • Options
    Yea, I saw those too. Those are really questionable.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I can't believe he gets bids at all with his feedback. This is one of the more colorfull feedback profiles I have seen in a while:

Complaint : Nickle described as MS67, had no steps and worn hair and was SHINED!

Neutral : Buy a book on grading coin. It should benefit you.

Complaint : ms66 is about ms61, not honest grading

Complaint : Won bid - Seller says coin had "long legs" - BEWARE never again with this one!!!

Complaint : Won coin with low bid,seller said cant find coin,returned my payment.BEWARE

Praise : Customer posted timely payment
    Follow-up by kencross35 - Crook returned for refund 21 XF/AU coins for a nice BU roll we sent him--NOT!

Complaint : Won auction at a great price, said coin was stolen. Received refund not coin.

Neutral : DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST FRANKLINS ON EBAY

Complaint : answer,called seller,he and his wife cussed me out,acted verbally abusive,beware

Complaint : seller is a fraud!DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH,REVIEW HIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS!!!!!!!!!

Complaint : Attempted to post payment,seller refused payment,sent email to find out why,no

Complaint : SELLER RETURNED CHECK INSTEAD OF COIN. I FEEL IT'S BECAUSE I WON AT A LOW PRICE.

Complaint : coin far below advertised grade

Complaint : PAID FOR AN MS-64 COIN BUT GOT A XF-40 COIN, GIVE ME A BREAK-BUYERS BEWARE

Complaint : Advertised FBL Franklin, received non-fbl coin, contacted seller, no response.

Complaint : Grading is subjective, but this is ridiculous!!! No more business from me!

Neutral : ms66 means problem free. it wasnt. did get refund.

Complaint : Fraud and thief. Should be hung from nearest tree!!!

Neutral : NEVER AGAIN-said he lost coin and did refund money-DON'T TRUST-disappointed!!!!!

madmartyk( 1742) Feb-11-02 15:11:55 PST 1295897312 S Hey look, even MadMarty got a bum coin from him!
    Neutral : Coin Returned, Money Refunded

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    The guy would be funny if he hadn't taken in so many people. Pathetic and distrubing.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    i have never seen any nor heard of any

but to set the record straight

people are confusing dmpl deep mirror prooflike dmpl *******business strike coins*****

with proof coins cameo and ultra/deep cameo proof coins

dmpl means
    for me at least
    the coin is a mintstate business strike coin that is dmpl deep mirror prooflike

sincerely michael
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I guess his dad enjoyed doctoring coins
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    What a crook. Why do people bid on his auctions?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    How did he get those morgans to look like that??image
  • Options
    U mean like this? Some chemicals most likely. What an awesome DMPL!
  • Options
    Very nicely polished.

Wouldn't touch it.....

Steve
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Wow, talk about an education for people! This one is a good example of artificial frosting. Link This one for artificial toning. Link This one looks overdipped or something. Link This one for pencil erasing. Link
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it sure does have that too-glossy fake look to it.

• Options
    Suppose it could be this coin?!?!?!?

PCI 62
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Who's ever heard of a DMPL Indian Cent?

My first thought was ACG....

David
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Cecil -- nice detective work, that's his father's coin alright. At least the original seller mentioned the polishing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file