Home U.S. Coin Forum

What do you guys think of this extremely weird and wild toned Jefferson?

RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

It's in a PCGS slab, listed on eBay right now as part of a group of 40 PCGS graded coins. It looks a little funky to me.

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    I don't think much of it at all. Regardless of its 'market acceptability', I don't find it attractive.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I would say Russ, go and bid... LOTS!!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok MadMarty- I tried and I tried and couldn't find your auctions! (There is a MadMarty with 41 feedbacks on eBay but I don't think that's you? No auctions running right now regardless). WHERE is it!

peacockcoins

• littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    he's madmartyk on ebay

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.

<< <i>he's madmartyk on ebay >>

Found it!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=525&item=3034889584 image

Does the Jefferson really look like that?!

If so, image

peacockcoins

Ok, I just took a closer look. . . image

peacockcoins

Yep, it's where all those AU58s end up!

• Coin looks weird and wildly toned to me...Kenimage
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like that coin at all. Crayola could find some new colors for their next pastel line in there.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • If you look at the original image, there is clearly a colored light (or nearby color reflector) shining on this coin. The image also looks like the saturation was hiked up a little. I don't think the coin will look like the image in person.... Just my 2-cents. -cr
    I can't get over that everyone is falling for Russ's little joke, the slab is raised of the scanner bed by another slab and the color is the reflection of the light! The coin is white!

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The image also looks like the saturation was hiked up a little. I don't think the coin will look like the image in person >>

CoinResource,

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Clearly, this seller is tweaking his images.

Russ, NCNE
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Russ

i can only agree. i didn't even bother to use Braddicks link. whoever the seller is he won't get a bid from me on these manipulated garbage coins. man, this is the kind of stuff that really puts fuel on the fire for all the eBay bashers and slab haters. whoever buys that nickel is in for a big surprise and i'll bet the seller gets a neg!! thanks for catching this one.

al h.image
    man, the more i think about it, this seller, whoever it is, is just bad for eBay. he's gives a black eye to collectors everywhere!! i'm just CHOMPING at the bit to turn him in to eBay. i better think about it for awhile.

it wouldn't be bad except that he's messing with Jefferson's. i mean, if he did this kind of scurrilous thing with a Kennedy or a Franklin i could see it. but a Jefferson?? for shame. he must pay.

al h.image
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

<< <i>kind of scurrilous thing with a Kennedy or a Franklin >>

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights