Home U.S. Coin Forum

Do you ever go to the bank to visit your friends ?

No, I'm not talking about the cute brunette teller.

I'm talking about the vault with your collection.
I do, as often as I have time for, and deliberatly chose a bank close to me to do so. Every time I do, I take the time to look at every coin. Most of the coins I own could not be upgraded for quality without going up in grade and every time I look at them I feel a sense of accomplishment and I even remember how I found most of them.
The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.

Comments

• FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    How did you know there's a cute brunette @ my bank? image Believe it or not, her name is Honey -- how appropriate.

Michael
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    It's been ever since yesterday.image

GSAGUY
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    I like to go and visit my Ben Franklins at the bank... And I aint talking Half Dollars Daddy-o!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • VeepVeep Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
    I do but not often enough. Its a shame that they have to live there. I keep a few lower valued coins from a minor collection at home to have something to look at.
    "Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • izzy452izzy452 Posts: 929
    I just visited mine today (Saturday) . I try to go once a month, or more often if I have business in the bank.

Walt image
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not often enough. It's usually just when there's business to do like adding something
    or getting something out. It doesn't help that they're in different institutions and I don't
    remember where everything is.
    Tempus fugit.
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a bank visit ALWAYS brightens up my day!!! Sometimes I forget how cool some of my coins are....Just bragging!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    Part of the attraction of coin collecting for me is to be able to hold and look at the coins. So I often go out back to the hardened, stocked, reinforced bomb shelter.....image It's a bit tricky negotiating the mine field and razor wire though. Especially with the hungry dogs at my heels.....

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • What! Am I the only one with a 400 pound safe at home?? image
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    I don't go just to visit my coins but I do spend quality time with them when I go to throw some new junk in my box.
    Mostly I like going because it freaks everybody in the bank out when I walking in looking like I do carrying a briefcase.
    They had a new girl last time about 19 years old-2nd day on the job. She was so nervous about being alone with me in the vault her hands were shaking and I had to put the key in the lock for her. Had more fun aggrevating her than looking at coins. image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Dog97, What the Hell do you look like??? image
    Don't ask! But he growls, I bet!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • ccrdragonccrdragon Posts: 2,697
    I went just this morning. Had to update my spreadsheet on the coins so I got to look at all of them!!! image
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • GaudensGaudens Posts: 1,016
    There is nothing quite like a visit to the vault on a Saturday morning...
    Gaudens
  • Gaudens.......i'd feel the same way EXCEPT my particular Bank branch is CLOSED on Saturdays! (though at a few other branches they are open Saturdays but are not located as conveniently)

A visit of my coins in their vault (quite a large one as they go!) on Saturday would therefore be very troublesome........and would most likely put me out of touch with my babies for a very long time! image

<< <i>There is nothing quite like a visit to the vault on a Saturday morning... >>

The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

• I have a big old safe which is bolted down to the floor and hidden quite secretively near by Mr. Paintball gun and hunting bow. I can look at my pretty lil ladys all i want. (alkthough as my collection get larger i will need to put some in the bank. image *tear*
  • How often do I get to see my coins? Not enough! I try and go once every two weeks, but it gets hard. At least I work next door to my bank!

Oh and a piece of advice to KlectorKid. If ever a burglar enters your home, do not ever use any of those two 'weapons' you mentioned against him. I don't think some bright pink paint is going to stop him from taking your old coppers and filling you with some of his (his bullets, mind you). Same goes with the hunting bow.
    My eBay Auctions of US Type Coinage

PM me if you have any MS63 or higher large cents and half cents. I'm also looking for a PR64RB Two cent piece, a PR64/PR63 3CS, and an 1859 Indian cent in MS62/63.
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    a great thread and responses

has anyone ever heard of these large private safe deposit facilicities that charge more but give you almost 24/7 access??

sincerely michael
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    Yes Michael, I've heard of them. In the Twin Cities there is a buisness called "The Vault" and I made a dealer connection there with a local dealer who stores his inventory there.

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
    KlektorKid, I agree with CoinManiac. I'll add that you should become intimately familiar with real weapons. But only use them in self-defense. Material things aren't worth dying (or killing) for.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• I think the hunting bow would give him something to cry about but yeah like i said I will move them to the bank when my collection gets bigger.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file