Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

16 Days untill the Auction and I'm Bummed out already.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
The price on the coin I want is toooooooooo hiiiiiiiiiiigh already. Super Duper Bummer with a couple of Fooeys thrown in. image

Darn I wanted that coin......but Crazy Money does not fit the scheme of the way the set has been put together so far.

Going for the second option now......stay tuned you will probably see Bummer number two also.

Any one else blown out of the water already ?

Ken

Comments

• Options
    izzy452izzy452 Posts: 929
    I still havent placed any bids, but Im watching. The ones I want havent reached the "Crazy Money " stage yet.

Walt image
  • Options
    KeyrockKeyrock Posts: 961
    Although my to dime bids are still good for now (give it a couple of days) my copper bids are gone. The market is just too hot for some of these series and I refuse to bid stupid money for them. Since I plan to be here for the long haul, I can wait a few years for the bubble to burst, although it is frustrating. My alternative to bide my time is focus on my type set and some other "Cold Series".

Rich
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Ken,

I agree with you completely. There is a 19-D in 64 NB that someone has bid up to $600 and there are 15 days left! I think the availablity of some choice coins (not necessarily the one I just spoke of) is driving a bidding frenzy and some records will be set I do believe. We will have to see if this is a one time deal or there is a pricing shift.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    Yep.....thats the coin I was bidding on. Went a little over what I normally would and still did not get the high bid. Its a nice coin but it looks like Major Damage to the pocket book could be done to get it. Out of my league now.

Ken
  • Options
    I am starting to see an upswing in the merc pricing market. Good for some, not for others.
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    Maybe this is the auction I should have put my '17-D in? Anyway rising prices are good for me, at least until I sell that coin. I haven't tried too hard as I like to look at it every once in a while image
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    I too have noticed that prices on some Mercs have started to trend a little higher, especially dates that are seldom offered for sale and in grades 63NB to 65FB. I've been looking for a 31-S in 64FB and a 39-S in 65FB for months. I can find 66FB and 67FB coins, but they are over my head pricewise. I'm still good on the two coins I bid on, but I figured a few bucks above sheet for the pedigree and inflation.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    My bid on the 21-D got blown out of the water already. Already found another for $2500 less. The pedigree isn't worth that much extra. Still got 2 bids on others. Will probably have to kick them up a little more. Looks like it's going to be a pricey auction.
    Merc collector.
  • Options
    That 19-d has what looks to be nice toning, could be the reason for the higher price
    we should see some bid increases in the last week before the auction
    TIm
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    The darn 19D did not move a dollar since my last bid was put in. Almost bid tonight but will watch it tomorrow live on Ebay.

Did go to live bidding with one high bid on a Stokely Coin. Fingers are croossed on that one.

Ken
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the stuff I want is shooting right up. I figured that'd happen, so I'm not too disappointed. I figured I'd be sitting this one out.

Lots of people here have predicted the upper tier of these auctions will go for strong money. That looks to be true.
  • Options
    I have lost out on two coins already. An expensive coin went for 50% more than I paid in an earlier auction this year. The other coin I should have been more aggressive. I still have one I am really interested in this weekend. The good news is I have six coins for sale in the auctions, and two have already exceeded the reserves and are 40% over what a dealer offered me. Trying to look at the glass half full.
    Bill
    Coin Junkie

cameoproofcoins.com