Home U.S. Coin Forum

OT: I Went to the Movie Theatre Today

RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
I saw two flicks. Each of them are below.

1) Wrong Turn--Rated R--Okay Horror film on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it an 8.7. Kind of a new twist for horror films about a family of genetically mutated people who would booby trap travelers and eat them.

EDITED TO ADD: One scene in this movie had about 5 Morgan dollars on the table next to the people in the movie. It was when they were in the watch tower.

2) 28 Days Later--Rated R--New Zombie Horror flick on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7.5. Not quite Romero's Day of the Dead or Dawn of the Dead or Night of the Living Dead. It was not nearly as gory, but still a good, watchable film.

Also, seen a few previews. The following films are ones I will be going to this summer. image

1) Freddy VS. Jason.....been waiting for this one for over 5 years!
2) American Wedding....The flute chick and the other guy get married. image
3) Jeepers Creepers Part 2.

Comments

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I know......this should be in the open forum........but, who does not like to talk about movies, right?
  • Go back to the other side, you have issues! It doesnt take a Rocket Scientist to figure out why you started this thread!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Thanks for the reviews, Ram, those two movies are on my to-see list. We love zombie movies.
    TJ
  • SarasotaFrankSarasotaFrank Posts: 1,625 ✭✭

<< <i>1) Freddy VS. Jason.....been waiting for this one for over 5 years! >>

you have definately got some issues.

get help

fast
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."

<< <i>Go back to the other side, you have issues! It doesnt take a Rocket Scientist to figure out why you started this thread! >>

What does this statement mean Wallstreetman???

Go back to what other side?

You sound like you are the ones with issues, I was simply trying to spark conversation on my outing this day.
  • I don't necessarily like those kind of flicks, but i did go to a movie on the 4th Holiday. I saw "The Italian Job", and it was excellent thruout! I highly recommend it.

Now my local theatre charged $9.00 per ticket! Ouch! That was $9.00 each in US currency OR coin, in whatever grade,.....and as such i would say that i have sucessfully put this OT discussion sorta on track! image (stretch i know!).
    The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

• You just love to start sh*t or keep it going! Does Mad Marty ring a bell?
    Joe-

I saw the Italian Job last weekend.

I agree. It was a very good movie, too. image

Our theatre only charges $8.00. Our cheapyplex only charges $0.50.
  • Never a dull moment around here!!!.....Ken
    Talk about someone with issues, I know who MadMarty is, what about it?

Did I miss something?

<< <i>You just love to start sh*t or keep it going! Does Mad Marty ring a bell? >>

Just in case you decide to edit.

I have not the foggiest idea why you are bashing me. Would someone kindly fill me in?
  • Would someone kindly fill me in? ...Can't help out here. I'm just here having some fun. Everyone else please join in!!!!....Ken
  • Get this, my mom, bless her heart, is 85 years young, lives in an independent retirement community. Well, one of their outtings last week was to see "The Italian Job" and she raved about it! Said it was great!
    TJ
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry if I offended anyone with my comments to Marty- I deleted the mean spirited post in the other thread and I apologized to Marty but the fact remains if people are permitted to post off topic stuff and things they are trying to sell it will become like this forum did LINK. This is hitting pretty close to home and this could happen to this forum also. mike
  • Darktone, the moderator, if on duty, will simply remove this nice thread to the Open Forum...
    TJ
    No one has ever had issues with an occasional OT thread on this forum. I do not think there has been many lately.

If that offends people, then my apologies, however, I do not think Wallstreetman needs to say things like he said.

I do not know which post is being referred to when speaking of Marty.

If folks think that life is just about coins, then those folks have their own issues.

I have never been bashed like WSM just did and in a PM to me, he told me to read his sig line.

Thease threads are not suppose to get personal and WSM has made it personal.
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    tjennings, Carrol's been pretty spotty on moderating- I don't think she does much unless she get's complaints. With so many new members it would be good to get one of those sticky threads at the top with all three or four forum rules. But anyway's this is my last post on the subject either way. mike
  • For the record, I responded to his PM! I dont give these kind of people the time of day, his last and future PMs will be ignored!
  • Life is merely a series of choices. If someones choice is to PM people with personal religious beliefs, then that is a STUPID choice....Ken
  • Darktone, Carol doesn't moderate anymore. We now have sportsmoderator1 as our moderator. I have no idea what WSM is talking about. I also don't know what Rampage means by "I was simply trying to spark conversation on my outing this day."image
    TJ
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I am so confused. But, I'm poor so I'll wait for the DVDs.

Russ, NCNE

<< <i>I have no idea what WSM is talking about. I also don't know what Rampage means by "I was simply trying to spark conversation on my outing this day."image >>

All I was doing was trying to get some conversation going. No harm intended. I went out and enjoyed myself. Thought I would share my experience.

Now that I have said that, that will be the last I reply to this thread.

Oh yeah, what are "these kind of people"???
  • "The truth will be known on Judgement Day! "

Maybe he's a huge Terminator fan, and just was unhappy you weren't discussing T3
    ------------

My Blog
    ---------------------------------
    90% lurker, 10% poster, 100% American!
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Man I go to watch poker on TV (another OT subject here), and you guys can't play in the sandbox! Granted my thread was wrong because it had a lint to an auction in it! But this thread has no link, and I bet there were some cool coins in the movies!!! Now play nice, or I'm going to start posting turd slabs again!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Granted my thread was wrong because it had a lint to an auction >>

Did you get that from your belly button?

Russ, NCNE
    I sent a PM to Otis to ask him to move this to the open forum. Maybe that will make people happy.
  • Very good Russ. I missed that. That Marty is.....well.......different..Ken
  • Where's Cameron when you need him?
    Joe
    P.S. Just like the real cops, never around when you need 'em!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file